Do you plan on nursing?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Stacia
I'm undecided. I'm on blood thinners and have been told conflicting opinions from three Dr's (two for and one against) and everything I have found online says not to breastfeed. DH and I have discussed it and neither of us are really willing to take the chance with breastfeeding. I would be too worried about if the drugs were in the breast milk and what that could do to the baby.
July 26th, 2006, 08:41 AM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
though my first labor wasw intervention filled the next i hope to be as natural as possible and more in MY CONTROL!

and you can tell from my siggy what i will be doing with the next baby.

stacia, i have a list and a link of meds and if they are contraindicated for breastfeeding. ill pm you the link so you can see where your blood thinner is on the list!

July 26th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I am nursing Julia now, Lily has EBM for the first 8 months (till I had a new job where I couldn't pump anymore). I'm hoping to self-wean this time.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
July 26th, 2006, 10:29 PM
NaynayPie's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to NaynayPie
My little guy will be 2 in August and he's still nursing, so I might as well nurse the one due in September, too.

~Nay
July 27th, 2006, 04:12 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I plan on having a natural birth and breastfeed every child! We had some rough times in the beginning, not because of Liam but because of me. He latched on perfectly and did great from the time he was about 10 minutes old! He had a mild case of jaundice (not even bad enough to treat) and the paranoid pedi freaked out at his first appointment (he was 3 days old) and told me I needed to supplement since my milk hadn't come in yet and he wasn't getting enough fluids to flush out the jaundice. So not knowing any better I did and it messed up my supply horribly. It took about 7-8 weeks to get on track and then I had to almost completely wean him when I went back to work when he was 4 months old. Work didn't last long--couldn't stand to leave my baby--and now I'm a SAHM and we have been back to nursing full time for 2 months! Next time around I will not have all these problems and I will not let some stupid doctor (who we never saw again by the way) scare me into doing something I don't want to do. I love breastfeeding Liam and so does he! In fact since it had been so long since he had a bottle, he didn't know what to do with it last weekend when my Mom gave him a bottle of expressed bm while I was out with dh.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

July 27th, 2006, 04:15 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
I absolutely plan to breastfeed unless there is a good reason not to. My first 3 were breastfed until they self-weaned. I would be very hesitant to swirch to formula if there was a medical reason not to breastfeed and would get several opinions and do my research but if it was better for my baby I would. The baby's health is the most important thing after all and as much as I would miss nursing them I would do waht was best for their health.

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
July 28th, 2006, 02:48 AM
Super Mommy
I'm doing this birth Natural and I plan on breastfeeding.
July 28th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Mama-honey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Definitely nursing!! I hope this baby is as easy to feed as our first....
July 30th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
yeap! I plan on nursing!

July 30th, 2006, 03:51 PM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Stacia have you checked out Dr.newman's site? I can find you the link if you watn. he is the experty on meds and breastfeeding.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search