Books for starting out

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GranolaMamaOf3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2012, 08:39 PM
The Truth is out There
I was looking over the book list in the sticky, but there are so many and I'd really like to know where I should start.
Does anyone have specific books that I should/would be good to start with?
On the same subject, are there specific pain management classes I should take or are they all pretty much the same?
I don't want to end up quitting partway through labor because "it's too hard". I'd like to actually follow through with something for once.

TIA!

July 10th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I haven't done it yet, so hopefully others will chime in on this one... but so far my favorite read has been Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin. I loved reading the stories and also her perspective as someone who's been involved with thousands of natural births. I'd highly recommend it!

July 10th, 2012, 02:23 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
^^Anything by InaMay is good. I would recommend The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth by Henci Goer. Also, Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way by Susan McCutcheon-Rosegg

I took Bradley classes with my husband. We both learned so much and loved them!!

I love this list - Bellies and Babies: What Not To Read
therevslady likes this.

July 10th, 2012, 05:00 PM
noworries
Yes, anything by Ina May and The Thinking Woman's Guide.
July 19th, 2012, 10:27 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought a ton of NCB books when I was first pregnant. I really didn't need to read so many. It got a bit redundant after a while. The Thinking Woman's Guide was my favorite.

July 24th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Dee
I'm almost through the Our Bodies Our Selves pregnancy book, and I really like that. The Hypnobirthing: Mongan Method book was informative and useful, and I've been using the breathing techniques since I read it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search