Does natural childbirth hurt? -article

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By therevslady

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2012, 09:07 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
does natural birth hurt

With the talk of pain management a lot on the board lately, I wanted to share this article. It's been floating around my facebook feed and it's got some great advice in it.

Personally, I fell into a few different categories for each baby. The birth that was the least painful was one I didn't receive an epidural or medical interventions for, and I was also the most prepared for that birth.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

July 28th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Very nice article. Thank you hun!

July 28th, 2012, 10:01 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is so true and the foundation of my hypnobabies stuff. I cringe every time I hear someone use the word 'pain' b/ i genuinely don't think of it that way. It really is about preparation and expectations and surrounding yourself with positivity.

I did some DNA testing where they looked for different traits and if I'm a carrier for things and blah blah. and it showed that based on my DNA its most likely that I have a "very low" tolerance for pain... but I fall into the "I'd do it again and again" category for giving birth. and I didn't even have the picture perfect NCB ... I had a pain med free birth but I was on mag and confined to a bed and had a nightmare recovery, lol.

Hearing people's "horror stories" just annoys the crap out of me when they're telling them to pregnant women who are scared or looking for advice. Why spread negativity!?

July 28th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
My first birth was pain free until I got to 9.5 cm (that's when we arrived at the hospital). The hospital made me anxious and I started working against my body, that's when the pain set in. Be prepared! A pain free birth is completely doable

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

July 28th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I fall into the 'birth isn't that bad' category. There was only one point were I thought 'if this is the START of labour, then I'm screwed'... In reality I was in transition and only minutes from giving birth, lol! Will be happy if my next birth goes exactly the same way
July 31st, 2012, 11:53 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would describe my experience as "yes it hurt but was worth it in the end" only because my back labor sucked and them making me hold back pushing for 45 minutes ( will NOT repeat this in my next labor ). At the end of the day, I'd do it again in a heart beat. I've experienced worse pain like when I scratched both of my cornea's in my eyes, HOLY COW! I'd rather give birth anyday then have that happen again. I'm hoping to not have back labor next time and to push when my body says to so I can have an even better experience. Plus I'll be doing hypnobabies.
July 31st, 2012, 05:18 PM
noworries
With Eva, I had very little pain. It just got really intense during transition and the pushing did hurt for me.
With Isaac, it was more intense because it was a much shorter labor (3.5 hours compared to 11 hours with Eva) but I don't remember it being painful at all.
My most painful birth by far was Eli's. I don't know if that is because of the emotional pain I was experiencing or because it was an induction or what but I remember thinking, "Now I understand why someone would want an epidural."
August 1st, 2012, 06:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My induced L&D was far worse then natural childbirth. I also knew what was going on with my body. I knew what to expect. Everyone told me how badly it hurts to push without drugs, but it was wonderful to actually FEEL what was going on. I kept waiting for things to get bad like with my first and it never happened. I felt calm the entire time.

If kids were free I'd do it again in a heart beat! Sadly we are done

August 1st, 2012, 07:53 AM
Veteran
I'm afraid that I found birth to be very paiful...BUT..that was due to my lack of preparation and totally working against my body. I don't expect it to be a walk in the park, but I also know that it should not be world shattering in a bad way.

I will be practicing this time around... and have already tried that out with a little stomach bug I had early on. Positive thoughts.. its all mind over matter.
due with #4 in November, still nursing #3!

I love to blog, although I don't have much time for it recently... I will be back at it as soon as I can!

http://www.whereloveandfamilymeet.wordpress.com
http://www.wherelovemeetslife.wordpress.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search