Wish I knew what was going on! *TMI bits warning, xposted from DDC*

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By hope71012
  • 1 Post By Earthy.Mama
  • 1 Post By tryinfor5
  • 1 Post By daneeleigh
  • 1 Post By Kiwi
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 1 Post By GranolaMamaOf3
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2012, 01:33 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
OK so, I'm a BTDT mom, but I never went into labour naturally with Daniel - my water broke and contrax didn't establish so had to be induced.

As I've said on my DDC, I've had an uptick in early labour symptoms since Monday - I'm 38+6 today so not yet at my EDD, but classed as "term", and have been having cramps and contrax on and off for 2 weeks now - and as the day wore on yesterday, I really thought things might be starting up.

I was crampy from about 4pm as I had been the previous day. At around 7pm, I began having contrax. These were a mixture of tightenings that didn't hurt at all, and tightenings accompanied by nasty period like cramps bottom and top of my uterus. They were 10-15 minutes apart. These continued until 11pm when I decided I should try and get some sleep "in case".

At around 1.30am I woke up to tightenings that were more painful. It felt like I needed to use the toilet so I figured I'd better try that to see if it was just an upset stomach before I started timing them. Sure enough I did have some diarrhea - and I had already been to the toilet the previous evening. Hard to tell whether the upset stomach produced the cramps, or whether this was the "clearing out" some people get in early labour. The tightenings, sometimes not hurting and sometimes with the period like cramps but this time spreading around my back as well, continued along with nausea. They were varying between 8-12 minutes apart. I couldn't bear the feeling sick so took some paracetamol. About an hour after that the paracetamol the edge was taken off everything and I fell asleep.

After that I slept fitfully. I kept waking up needing to pee, and would feel the tightenings while awake, which were uncomfortable, but not enough to keep me awake. When I properly awoke sometime between 7-8am this morning, I seem to have gone back to being crampy with some sporadic contrax. It's 9.30am now. And I've had diarrhea again this morning.

I just wish I knew what was going on. Did I start up and then stall because I fell asleep after the paracetamol? Or have I just got an upset stomach? Either way I am now shattered. Baby has been moving as baby usually does during the night, in between the tightening feelings. So not concerned as such. But if I do now go today I'm going on very little sleep. If I'm not too uncomfortable this afternoon I may try to nap "in case". Though Daniel is here and I also have a tax credit form to fill in once Shaun is up, so it may not be possible.

I have midwife at 11.50am and will of course tell her what's been going on, but unless there's a problem with my urine, BP or baby's HR they don't do internals before 41wks, so I'm not likely to get any definitive answers from her. I'd be interested to know what you guys think although I know you'd only be doing guesswork just as I am.

Last edited by Carwen*Angel; August 1st, 2012 at 01:37 AM.
August 1st, 2012, 02:47 AM
Just crampy now with sporadic painful twinges but not surging contrax as such...so I guess it was more of an upset stomach that either triggered contrax or produced regular crampy pains or a bit of both. If so I hope I have a better night's sleep tonight!

August 1st, 2012, 05:14 AM
MW thinks because the regular pains have gone away this morning it probably was just upset stomach, but she did say that lots of people have upset stomach imminently before labour, which I already knew. TBH I'd rather have a good night's sleep tonight and then regroup tomorrow. Trying to be careful what I eat today!

August 1st, 2012, 06:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had on and off contractions, upset tummy, etc for about 2 weeks prior. All was trying to move baby into a better position.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

August 1st, 2012, 06:41 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I responded on SL, I think you're in prodromal labor. I suspect within the next 3 days baby will be here ♥
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Co-Host of July 2014 DDC
..........Jackie..........

Team Green Predicted A Boy

August 1st, 2012, 06:48 AM
Veteran
Good luck on that good night's sleep... it does sound like things are getting going. Get lots of rest today and hopefully things will really get moving tomorrow and you will have a new baby!
Carwen*Angel likes this.
August 1st, 2012, 08:16 AM
Thank you ladies!

August 1st, 2012, 12:08 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had this exact thing happen to me. I also had my son at 38w5d so it is possible that you're building up to labor.
Carwen*Angel likes this.
August 1st, 2012, 07:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope you get some more rest in the coming hours/days. I remember having contractions and upset tummys for 10 days leading up to Jacob's birth! I think it's the reason I went into denial when I actually started 'real' labour, lol!
Carwen*Angel likes this.

August 2nd, 2012, 06:08 AM
I got my good night's sleep, absolutely pain and discomfort free, i even only got up to pee 3 times which is highly unusual!!

Contrax started again after I woke up this morning, have never had them in the morning before. No regular pattern and quite spaced out, but could feel them both front and back which has never been the case before. I went to get dressed at around 11.15am to go out for lunch and they went off, but have had a couple since we ate. Baby is still wiggling around and seems to be trying to rotate itself a bit (it was lying side on when MW felt yesterday) so perhaps that's what the contrax are about. Increased CM today too with more "bits" in it which I'm hoping are bits of my plug.
GranolaMamaOf3 likes this.

August 2nd, 2012, 07:24 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
One thing is for certain, your body is preparing for labor and birth. I can't say it will be especially soon, because these things *can* (not that they always do) drag out for weeks, BUT, I think it was more productive than just an upset stomach. Things are definitely shifting in that direction, but you have lots of time, so try not to become discouraged if they do slow down a bit. Your body is not broken, it's doing exactly as it should.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

August 4th, 2012, 12:12 PM
THANK YOU. This is so what I need to be hearing from people right now.

Sadly people IRL are not as thoughtful or sensitive.

August 4th, 2012, 05:20 PM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Valkyrie
THANK YOU. This is so what I need to be hearing from people right now.

Sadly people IRL are not as thoughtful or sensitive.
First want to say def sounds like the start. I experienced that at 37 wks 2 days for 13 hr and my girl came that day! Have you lost any of your mucus plug yet?

And I would refrain from telling outsiders- as neg comments aren't good. And everyone would jump to hear baby was born. But we will support you .
August 5th, 2012, 11:01 AM
I haven't told family/neighbours etc ANYTHING about what I'm experiencing. It's more the "haven't you had that baby yet?" "gosh you look so big, you should have given birth by now" "how long are they going to leave it?" and horror stories about going overdue and being induced from them that are getting me down.

And yes I have been losing my plug - bit by little bit - since Monday.
Earthy.Mama likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search