Need some encouragement...

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By Earthy.Mama
  • 3 Post By therevslady
  • 1 Post By cheezpoofs
  • 1 Post By LadyCoconut
  • 2 Post By therevslady
  • 3 Post By therevslady

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2012, 06:21 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
No matter how many times I end up here, it's more difficult than the last. It seems like experience would make it easier. But it's just so hard to pass the 41 week mark for me. I feel myself breaking down, loosing faith, getting claustrophobic and feeling like my body will never go into labor. I was given two inductions at 42 weeks and I have only gone into labor once spontaneously (at 40 weeks). Every morning I wake up, just starts out as a bummer when I realize it's just another normal day, no labor, no baby.

I seem to forget my faith in creation and in my body's ability to birth in my sorrow that I haven't met my baby yet.

I just wanted to reach out to you ladies and ask for some prayers, positive thoughts, and encouragement.

My thought for the day is Surrender. I am doing my best to relax and surrender to the process, even a process that is going differently than my desires.

August 1st, 2012, 06:41 AM
Veteran
Big hugs to you!! And sending lots of good vibes your way for getting that little one moving out of it's comfy home ASAP and into your arms!

Don't lose faith... your body is more than capable of birthing this baby on it's own - just maybe not in the timeframe most of us would prefer
August 1st, 2012, 06:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
((hugs))

You can do it! It's hard, but your words helped me keep going..."trust birth"...it will happen!

Surrendering is a wonderful idea. It really helped me to know I couldn't do anything, but enjoy the last little bit. Helped me relax enough for labor to happen.

August 1st, 2012, 06:45 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Great ideas so far!

Sounds like your body just really likes to bake babies to perfection ♥ I am a huge believer in affirmations and visualization. I would spend as many random moments today as possible visualizing yourself in labor (try to feel the contrax) and do many affirmations!

I trust my body.
I trust birth.
I labor naturally.

etc etc etc...

Co-Host July 2014 DDC
..........Jackie..........

Awaiting our Team Green baby at home July 2014. . .

August 1st, 2012, 07:38 AM
Thank you girls. I have been hearing so much IRL that has given seed to second guess things. And it's wonderful to "hear" and be reaffirmed in my beliefs toward birth. Trying not to let the world's negativity get me down. Doing my best to stay positive and look forward to what will be a uniquely amazing birth experience.

August 1st, 2012, 08:15 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I think I need to take those affirmations on board, too.

Praying for you every single day, honey.

August 1st, 2012, 08:28 AM
Dee
"Surrender" is one of the hardest things to do, and a unique challenge at a time that I can only imagine.

Trust your body, it will do its very best for you. And trust your heart. If you need to make a decision to encourage your body along, you will make a good and right decision.
August 1st, 2012, 09:24 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw, Que! He's just putting on those final finishing touches. He'll be here before you know it. You can do it! He'll be here in his perfect time. Your body is doing just what it should be doing right now.
therevslady likes this.

August 1st, 2012, 10:30 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wonder if anyone here has the hypnobabies "baby come out" track they could email you and you could relax in the bath and listen to that and just be reminded that your baby is choosing the perfect birthday for him! Your body is able to do this! Trust and believe that. Let go of your fears of going to 42 and having to consider induction methods.... your body was made for this, now we just wait for your body and baby to agree its time.
GranolaMamaOf3 likes this.

August 1st, 2012, 12:05 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was thinking of you last night when I saw how full the moon was. I absolutely thought I'd log on today and find that you had had the baby. You can do it Mamma! Any day now for sure at least!
August 1st, 2012, 02:24 PM
I can do it! I can do it!

GranolaMamaOf3 and cheezpoofs like this.

August 1st, 2012, 07:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Your body obviously takes a little 'longer' to bake your babies! Thinking of you honey, keep reminding yourself that your body knows what it's doing!

August 2nd, 2012, 06:14 AM
I broke out the "come out baby" track last night. I made it 5 mins before falling asleep, lol. I can never stay awake for hypnobabies

I'll try to listen to it again every day till baby comes. It certainly made going to sleep very pleasant!

August 2nd, 2012, 04:40 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Haha DH has requested we listen to the fear cleansing cd every night at bedtime
Because HB is so relaxing as helps him fall asleep LOL

August 2nd, 2012, 05:07 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
If I took anything from hypnobabies it made my pregnancy enjoyable and sleep possible. My labor was so fast and intense there was no using it but I was grateful for the enjoyable pregnancy and sleep!

Thinking of you hun!

August 2nd, 2012, 07:11 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
I've been thinking of you. I've been in your shoes and know how hard it is, even as a veteran mom, not to feel "broken" one you get this far. (especially with our warped society) But you're not! Your body is doing exactly what it needs to do, and your baby will be here before you know it! Think up as many pampering activities as possible and indulge all you can Mama!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search