Natural frank breech birth?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Regular
My baby has been persistant in staying frank breech since the 20 week ultra sound (confirmed by a 32 week hospital ultra sound, and a 37 week diagnosis ultrasound). We have tried every possible way for turning this baby and have a ECV planned for this monday. After that I have the option of a Csection or a frank breech birth.

I had planned to have a natural vaginal birth and am kind of disapointed that that may not be such an easy option anymore. I am still thinking about trying for a natural breech birth and we have an appointment to discuss this this with a breech trained doctor on monday aswell.

Have any of you ladies gone through a breech birth? How many of you were able to do it naturally and with good results?

The only reason i am thinking of the csection is this is my first baby and Im a little scared of the risks to baby, aswell as not to keen on the possible large tears.

Any possitive advice would be greatly apreciated.
August 10th, 2012, 04:54 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry that baby is being uncooperative. My midwife told me that new research is showing the risks of a surgical birth outweigh the benefits and that vaginal is better for breech babies. I have also heard that frank breech is the best possible breech position for vaginal birth. I your little one decides to turn! Keep us posted on how things are going.

August 10th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't had a breech birth, but I have had a successful ECV and for the next pregnancy I saw a Webster trained chiropractor. If you haven't tried seeing a chiro trained in the Webster technique I highly recommend it. I hope baby turns, but if not it is great that you have a Dr. who does breech births!

August 13th, 2012, 12:19 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have never experienced this but I also wanted to through out there maybe trying an acupuncturist (I think that's what they're called). Someone who does acupunture or accupressure. Find one who works on flipping breech babies.
August 14th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I delivered one of my twins breech at 35 weeks and he was 6 pounds, 1 ounce. It went well but I'm not sure I would have been able to do a bigger baby. I have read stories about women who have.

I've also had a successful version and definitely think it's worth it. I had a failed version as well and I used spinningbabies.com to flip her.

Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search