New here...

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Mommyof3Hoppers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommyof3Hoppers
have any of you had a water birth? I have always wanted to try a water birth and I am due in 3 weeks and just yesterday one of our hospitals started allowing you to give birth in the hydro therapy tub but the problem is...it is not my hospital of choice that allows them. What would you do if you were in this situation? Go for the water birth or stick with the hospital that I KNOW I will have a great experience at again? thanks for you help!
Meighan

Look me up on Facebook - Meighan Hopper Bloomington, Illinois
July 20th, 2006, 05:01 AM
wonderfullymade's Avatar Doula & MW Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to wonderfullymade
hmmm... difficult decision. Is there any way you could ask for the name of any patient who has had a waterbirth there since they started allowing it?

I would, personally, go with the trusted venue... but a waterbirth sounds SOOOO appealing. )

Bellies & Babies Blogger
July 20th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i dont know.. any hospital that has a birthing pool, and supports it... sounds like a great hosptial to me!!!

i had a homebirth waterbirth, and i tell you.. if you have an oppertunity to birth in a pool.. GO FOR IT!! it was such a wonderful experience to be in water. it didnt relieve the pressure, but it sure allowed for a wonderful flow of mobility for me, and a great way to tolerate the intensity of the rushes.

i would recommened the water birth to everybody!!

but i am a water person, i am sure that not everyone has the same love of water as me. some women dont even want to birth in there after labouring in it, so you would be the best judge if that is going to be a good tool for you. it would be a shame for you to not go the the hospital of your choice, to end up not birthing in the pool in the end.
but for me... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh./... i LOVED IT!!!
July 20th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
im not sure, tough decision. I cant imagine not having a waterbirth now that Ive had two. My stories are in the birth stories area on this forum. I dont like hospitals, but I have the availability of a midwife who delivers at home as well as the health to be able to choose homebirth safely.

Hmm. I know you will progress best where you feel safest and most comfortable, if that helps!

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

July 20th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Mommyof3Hoppers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommyof3Hoppers
Quote:
im not sure, tough decision. I cant imagine not having a waterbirth now that Ive had two. My stories are in the birth stories area on this forum. I dont like hospitals, but I have the availability of a midwife who delivers at home as well as the health to be able to choose homebirth safely.

Hmm. I know you will progress best where you feel safest and most comfortable, if that helps![/b]
My daughters name is Lillian too! haha! We liked Grace as well but our last name is Hopper and it sounded like grass hopper to me! lol!!! I am going to go read your birth stories now!!! Thanks for the info!

Look me up on Facebook - Meighan Hopper Bloomington, Illinois

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search