Your partner

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2012, 06:12 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
How does your partner feel about natural childbirth? Do they have an opinion? Do you feel supported by them?

August 31st, 2012, 08:46 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How does your partner feel about natural childbirth? Do they have an opinion? Do you feel supported by them?

He is pro NCB now but didn't know or care a thing about birth before I got pregnant. He is actually much more vocal about than I am. He's coming to the Improving Birth rally with me Monday, lol.
daneeleigh and therevslady like this.

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

September 1st, 2012, 07:23 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My dh is completely supportive .
therevslady likes this.

September 1st, 2012, 07:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH is completely supportive of natural childbirth. He's a total believer that it's what's best for both me and baby.
therevslady likes this.

September 1st, 2012, 07:36 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We watched the business of being born a year or so before getting pregnant and so he's always been on board. and he LOVES bragging about me... its almost embarrassing but he's always quick to tell people about my birth experiences, lol.
therevslady likes this.

September 1st, 2012, 09:24 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Shannon, my hubby does that too. It drives me nuts. We were at a work picnic shortly after Claire was born and he wanted to tell everyone about my birth. We work (well I used to work) at a prison and our coworkers are NOT the type of people who care about birth
therevslady likes this.

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

September 2nd, 2012, 12:32 PM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husband is pretty much amazing! He was/ is so supportive. Even my doula told me later she was very impressed with how he did. He also brags about my birth. lol I love it!
therevslady likes this.
September 3rd, 2012, 09:25 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Very supportive and will often talk with co-workers/friends about natural birth.

September 4th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Dee
He's very supportive, but mostly because he knows it's important to me. The more we talk about why it's important to me, the more he's supportive because he's on board with it as a safer, healthier option.

I know he'd rather sit in the waiting room 1950's style if he could, but I let that go and asked him to just talk to men who've participated in the birth of their children before deciding what he wanted to do. Their responses, especially the ones whose partners birthed naturally, have made him much more invested in participating and supporting natural childbirth.
September 4th, 2012, 08:22 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
Hes very supportive of it! He always tells everyone about our home birth and how we would never go to a hospital again to have a baby. He knows I'm very passionate about birth and birth rights so I think that has really helped open his eyes

September 5th, 2012, 11:37 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DF supports me and says it's completely my choice but that he himself would never do it lol. He said he'd be strapped to the bed high as a kite if it was him! But he does brag about me to everyone and it gets embarrassing sometimes lol. That and he likes to tell people I pooped in the tub and he fished it out. SMH
September 5th, 2012, 12:38 PM
The Truth is out There
Well, he laughed when I told him my intentions so... But the more I talk about it and the options available to help me (classes, Doulas, etc.) he seems to be more on board. He's always said it was my body, my choice and that'll he support me no matter what I choose.
So he's getting there.

September 5th, 2012, 03:09 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
Quote:
Originally Posted by May14th2011 View Post
Well, he laughed when I told him my intentions so... But the more I talk about it and the options available to help me (classes, Doulas, etc.) he seems to be more on board. He's always said it was my body, my choice and that'll he support me no matter what I choose.
So he's getting there.
That's how my husband was when I initially told him. He came around afterwards though! He's not only an advocate for NCB now, but he LOVED our homebirth and tells everyone about how awesome that was.

September 5th, 2012, 05:22 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hes made it rather clear he thinks ill end up opting for meds because im a wuss but hes not really un-suportive of the idea. hes perfectly fine with me trying natural birth and from the way he says it I think he actually would prefer if i do have Connor naturally. Im not completely sure but from some of his comments I think hes afraid that meds at birth will make Connor more likely to be addictive which runs in my family (actually I wonder if thats tru Im not realy sure where he got the idea from). but either way I think he is supportive in his own way and Im not even that upset about him thinking I cant handle it. Proving him wrong is 20 times better motivation then him quoting some believe in yourself mumbo at bedside lol.

September 6th, 2012, 08:31 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
DH is supportive, it was a decision we came to together. I'm putting together a guide to help him help me during labor. I know he wants to support me in labor, but he won't know what to do unless I write it down and go over it with him ahead of time. I know if he's confident we'll both do better. We're preparing for NCB together
September 8th, 2012, 04:48 PM
k_hall1784's Avatar Member
I haven't asked him, but I am 99% sure that he would be opposed to a childbirth that happened outside of a hospital. Well, by choice that is. We are thinking of trying for baby number four and I really want to do a home birth with a midwife or a birthing center. I have a lot of wok to do to get him on board with my idea. We are WTT until next summer so I have time, but I am going to need solid evidence to show him that if I am low risk, that having a baby at home or in a birthing center is okay.
MissusF likes this.

September 9th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Very onboard with my decision to have a natural home birth. He was the one pushing for a home birth before I was even pregnant... he hates hospitals!

September 9th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He's open to it but I need more info for him. I'm thinking of finding a book to send him.
September 14th, 2012, 08:48 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_hall1784 View Post
I haven't asked him, but I am 99% sure that he would be opposed to a childbirth that happened outside of a hospital. Well, by choice that is. We are thinking of trying for baby number four and I really want to do a home birth with a midwife or a birthing center. I have a lot of wok to do to get him on board with my idea. We are WTT until next summer so I have time, but I am going to need solid evidence to show him that if I am low risk, that having a baby at home or in a birthing center is okay.

My DF was completely against home birth but now that we've had my son (at a birth center) he's come around to the idea and actually says he's okay with it if I want it.
September 15th, 2012, 04:43 AM
Pageturner
My DH is very supportive. He actually distrusts hospitals due to a really bad experience he had, and he's come with me to most of my appointments with the midwives and really feels more comfortable and safer with them, just like I do :-)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search