Hey just introducing myself

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm 23 and my husband is in the military. We recently PCSd back to my hometown and found out we were expecting shortly before my husband deployed. Since I'm staying with my mom while he's gone (didn't want to waste the last few weeks we had together househunting) home birth isn't really an option and both my mom and my husband are kinda set in their ways so I'm birthing at the local Navy hospital.

I'm hoping to have the most natural, organic experience I can in spite of the location. I've started drafting a birth wish list but I'm always open to suggestions and ideas. Look forward to getting to know you ladies!
September 8th, 2012, 04:56 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
Hey! Thanks for introducing yourself and welcome!

I personally don't have a lot of experience with Navy hospitals, but I know lots of ladies on these boards do. I hope you find someone who can help walk you through everything. Also, don't forget to check out .: Operation Special Delivery :. Homepage for a doula to help support you while your husband is away!

September 9th, 2012, 06:43 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My military hospital is NOT natural child birth friendly so for this reason I went to a birth center. The military does have the program that if your spouse is deployed during labor then they will provide a free doula for you.
September 9th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The doula thing is actually something I'm stuck on. My mom is going to be with me and she's been a nurse since 77 and she worked the first half of her career on labor decks in military hospitals. She actually had the hospital I'm delivering at as her last duty station and while she didn't work in the labor delivery area she did work down the hall in a med/surg unit. So she has some idea of how they work from a nurse's viewpoint.

I trust her and while she has her own ideas, she's open to some things. My concern is if my husband doesn't make it back in time she's it. And my father is disabled. High functioning but still disabled. The thing is if my husband does make it back and I have him AND my mom....what would my doula actually do?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search