Interested but unsure

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By daneeleigh

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2012, 10:46 AM
BriLandy's Avatar Veteran
Hello, I'm not due until May of next year, but I'm considering my options to get a plan in place before it creeps up on me. My cousin had two natural births for her sons and loved it, and I recently watched a documentary that included information on natural births and many moms who had positive experiences with it. My concerns are lack of knowledge, wanting to know of any risks of complications increasing, and my ability to handle it. Also wanting to look into a birthing center instead of a traditional hospital.

Any moms or mommies to be been through a natural birth/considering it as well? Any advice or insight would be helpful.

Baby girl, due May 18th, 2013.

Bri
October 15th, 2012, 11:52 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and Welcome. Getting informed is definitely the way to go. If I'm not mistaken Washington is a great area for Midwives so you may have many avenues available to you. I had a my son at a Birth Center with the help of a Doula and my Husband and it was awesome. My midwife was very hands off and while that is great it was kind of surprising for a first time mom. Like REALLY hands off never touched me but to check me type. Had it not been for my Doula that would have not been good so that is something to think about and something to ask depending on what you're looking for. I know some women have used Hypnobabies for pain management. I have not but plan on looking into it with my next. Also look into Midwives that deliver under doctors at hospitals and also at home. We will be looking into ALL our options next time because we liked our birth center experience but honestly we could have just stayed home. Nothing changed but scenery so now we just have to decide if we want to do it at home or in the hospital but if we go to the hospital then we run the risk of falling under their agenda.
therevslady likes this.
October 18th, 2012, 12:37 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are doing great! I had intentions of doing it naturally with my first but had no clue on what to do and I caved within an hour of my induction (she was late). I have since had 1 other epidural with #2 and HATED that experience and wanted natural with #3 and #4 and I got both, although I did get an epidural with #3 at the end, but I started pushing 10 minutes after I Got it. I read lots and lots of books and was ready to do it naturally. The key is to have an onboard dh too, he's going to be your coach. My dh was amazing and helped me tremendously. Good luck to you!!!

October 21st, 2012, 11:57 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
HI! Welcome! These ladies are full of wisdom and I hope you feel welcome! I might suggest hiring a doula and/or looking into a non-hospital affiliated childbirth education class to help you get to know your options in your area. Don't be afraid to "shop around!"

October 25th, 2012, 11:52 PM
lots of homework. there are tons of books out there on natural childbirth including ones that can help you notice warning signs on your own.
I'm planning an unassisted pregnancy and birth!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search