Anxiety and Pelvic Tension

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 11th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm hoping for some advice from you wonderful ladies... this past week, at my 36 week appointment, we did a cervical and pelvic exam. I was anxious about it and midwife and I had a discussion about the reasons for the exam and also for my anxiety. I was fine about her doing the exam - she'd never done one on me and wanted to know how "roomy" and "moveable" my pelvis was, the shape of my tailbone and what was going on with my cervix. She also wanted to verify internally that baby was indeed head down. So we did all that and it was just fine... but she's a little worried about the anxiety and also about the fact that I tend to hold a lot of tension in my pelvis. She gave me a couple of exercises to do to keep my pelvis from tightening and to start to think about opening up. She also recommended that I see a counselor to talk about the anxiety, as it seems to be coming from some old issues of deserving happiness and my two losses last year. I've got a call in for an appointment.

So I guess what I'm hoping for is maybe more suggestions for exercises or meditations or anything else that can help me to relax and keep myself open. I have no doubt that I can have the natural water birth that I want. I also have no doubt that if anything gets in my way it will be my own fears and tendency to overthink.

Any advice??

November 11th, 2012, 08:54 PM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Chiro! And check out spinning babies website. They have alot of great exercises good to help open pelvis. But if think a Chiro who specializes in Webster is best. Mine is helping open my pelvis up cuz my baby was posterior.

Why did your m/w have to do a exam to check if baby is head down? Just curious cuz my m/w feels on outside and listened with fetal scope Nd heard he was posterior and head down. I refused all internal exams period!

And for meditation- I've been studying Hypnobabies for about 2.5 months which helps alot. There is a fear cleansing Track that would be great for you. Hmmm prob too late to start whole program - but maybe you can check them out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search