December Preggo Check in

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By Memi
  • 1 Post By Dhartanya
  • 1 Post By ashleykathleen
  • 1 Post By d_tops
  • 2 Post By GranolaMamaOf3
  • 1 Post By d_tops
  • 1 Post By GranolaMamaOf3
  • 2 Post By BeckyBozeman
  • 1 Post By cheezpoofs
  • 2 Post By KtKuKi

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2012, 01:27 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
Name:
EDD:
Team Blue/Pink/Green:
Baby name if known:
Planning to birth at home, hospital, or birth center:
How are you feeling?
Anything exciting or that concerns you lately?
Any belly pics to share?!

December 1st, 2012, 07:24 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name: Megan
EDD: May 10th
Team Blue/Pink/Green: Blue
Baby name if known: Roman Jude
Planning to birth at home, hospital, or birth center: Hospital
How are you feeling? Pretty great
Anything exciting or that concerns you lately? Looking into childbirth classes
GranolaMamaOf3 likes this.

December 1st, 2012, 07:27 PM
Pinkapple's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Skype™ to Pinkapple

Name: Bridgette
EDD: 3/22/2013
Team Blue/Pink/Green: Blue! :}
Baby name if known: Still undecided....:{
Planning to birth at home, hospital, or birth center: Hospital water birth!
How are you feeling? Great. Well, better than the past months. Other than my organs moving around inside me and getting around slower than usual...and the guilt from gaining so much weight. Just trying to stay calm at this point.
Anything exciting or that concerns you lately? Nothing too stressful...baby boy is a lot more active than he used to be and I've gotten used to feeling him move around all the time.
Any belly pics to share?! None that are really worthy as of yet....
December 1st, 2012, 07:57 PM
Super Mommy
Name: Sarah
EDD: Feb 5/ Feb 17
Team Blue/Pink/Green: Pink
Baby name if known: Margaret Elizabeth
Planning to birth at home, hospital, or birth center: Hospital though prefering a birth center
How are you feeling? tired but that is from stress more than baby. Other than that pretty good. I feel pretty stretched since she likes to push out against my belly button or up into my ribs as hard as she can.
Anything exciting or that concerns you lately? We are moving but have not yet found a place which is both exciting and concerning but it will work out. Main concern is that I am not as fond of my dr as I was a few weeks ago. Plus, even though Maggie is measuring 2 weeks behind which lines up with conception he won't even consider altering my due date just because from LMP is "just how we do it" according to him. Unless there is some sort of life or death deal going on I won't have a c-section or induction and I refuse to do an epidural or episiotomy. So, we aren't exactly on the same page which is where I would like to be since I am just shy of 31 weeks at this point.
Any belly pics to share?! I wish! I really need to take some. This little girl is trying out every position she can to make her presence known.
December 1st, 2012, 08:57 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
Name: Meghan
EDD: Dec 21
Baby name if known: "Meve"
Planning to birth at home, hospital, or birth center: Homebirth
How are you feeling? Pretty good!
Anything exciting or that concerns you lately? Starting to get a little excited that baby will be here... also getting alittle nervous that baby will be here within the next month

therevslady likes this.

December 2nd, 2012, 07:00 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Name: Courtney
EDD: 6-24-13
Team Blue/Pink/Green: Green for now
Baby name if known: nothing yet, too early
Planning to birth at home, hospital, or birth center: hospital
How are you feeling? Nausea has gotten better, but still exhausted and light headed
Anything exciting or that concerns you lately? I got diagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrhage last week. That scared the crap out of me, but i'll go back this week for an u/s to be sure baby is still growing on track.
Any belly pics to share?! None, I'm not showing yet
December 2nd, 2012, 08:28 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name: Ashley
EDD: June 13th
Team Blue/Pink/Green: still green but we will be finding out
Baby name if known: undecided, waaaay too early for that still
How are you feeling? much better, nausea is almost completely gone and my appetite is coming back
Anything exciting or that concerns you lately? I have my NT scan tomorrow! So excited to see my bean again!
Any belly pics to share?! I have taken a few but nothing really worth showing off yet, just barely have a pooch at this point
Pinkapple likes this.

December 2nd, 2012, 09:51 AM
Dee
Name: Dee
EDD: 1/29/13
Team Blue/Pink/Green: Green
Baby name if known: Still working on it, but I think we have the short list.
Planning to birth at home, hospital, or birth center: Hospital with midwives
How are you feeling? Good. I have an awful cold and not taking anything is a pain, but pregnancy feels good.
Anything exciting or that concerns you lately? I'm getting worried about picking a pediatrician and a day care. That's tougher than I expected, but I think it will be okay. I have an u/s tomorrow to follow up on a possible birth defect, so I'm interested to see how that turns out, but I don't feel worried about it.
Any belly pics to share?! I haven't done much to document my belly, so nothing recent.
Pinkapple likes this.
December 2nd, 2012, 01:24 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
I'm back after a loss in August! So excited, and a little nervous. I'll feel better when I'm in the second trimester.

Name: Heather
EDD: July 21, 2013 (give or take a few days)
Team Blue/Pink/Green: Green for now.
Planning to birth at home, hospital, or birth center: Second Home Birth
How are you feeling? Okay. I'm on progesterone, so I'm starting to feel nauseous.
Anything exciting or that concerns you lately? I've had some bleeding and cramping twice now (subchorionic hemorrhage). We had an ultrasound and saw a heart beat, so everything is okay, but I'm on a modified bed-rest for 2 weeks.
Any belly pics to share?! I'm just 7 weeks along, so none yet
KtKuKi and Pinkapple like this.

Last edited by GranolaMamaOf3; December 2nd, 2012 at 01:31 PM.
December 3rd, 2012, 12:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Name: Becky
EDD: December 5
Baby name if known: Regan Page
Planning to birth at home, hospital, or birth center: Birth Center
How are you feeling? So ready to be done with pregnancy and meet this little one!
Anything exciting or that concerns you lately? My blood pressure has been a little elevated and we've been trying to reduce it through diet and exercise. I have another check tomorrow and if it's not down then I'll have to consult with an OB and possibly not get my birth center/water birth. Trying not to be too stressed about it.

December 3rd, 2012, 06:26 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBozeman View Post
Name: Becky
EDD: December 5
Baby name if known: Regan Page
Planning to birth at home, hospital, or birth center: Birth Center
How are you feeling? So ready to be done with pregnancy and meet this little one!
Anything exciting or that concerns you lately? My blood pressure has been a little elevated and we've been trying to reduce it through diet and exercise. I have another check tomorrow and if it's not down then I'll have to consult with an OB and possibly not get my birth center/water birth. Trying not to be too stressed about it.
Have you tried magnesium/calcium supplements to help your BP? When I'm pregnant, I can only drink water and eat mostly a raw high protein vegetarian diet, and must have mag every day or my BP gets out of control!

I was induced with my first two because of my BP and had to have mag during labor, and when that didn't work, I got the epidural, which helped enough till the BP went down.

December 3rd, 2012, 10:31 AM
The Truth is out There
Name: Brittany
EDD: 12/25/12
Team Blue/Pink/Green: Pink!!
Baby name if known: Margaret (Maggie)
Planning to birth at home, hospital, or birth center: Hospital
How are you feeling? So ready for this baby to get here!
Anything exciting or that concerns you lately? Got everything set up with the Doula program, super excited about that!

December 3rd, 2012, 03:05 PM
Dee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~Que~~ View Post
Have you tried magnesium/calcium supplements to help your BP? When I'm pregnant, I can only drink water and eat mostly a raw high protein vegetarian diet, and must have mag every day or my BP gets out of control!

I was induced with my first two because of my BP and had to have mag during labor, and when that didn't work, I got the epidural, which helped enough till the BP went down.
I wanted to second this. A woman in my birth class has struggled with her BP anyway, and it was a huge problem with her first two pregnancies. This is her third pregnancy and she started using the Brewer diet (which is NOT a low salt diet) and her BP is way down, and fast. She's also taking calcium with d and magnesium, and adding these have been shown as a more effective way to lower BP than reducing salt in some circumstances.

I hope this works out so you can continue with the water birth you want.
GranolaMamaOf3 likes this.
December 3rd, 2012, 06:57 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
On the topic of lowering blood pressure, Stinging Nettles tea is AMAZING! Put a handful in a quart size jar and fill with hot water. Let steep overnight. Strain and sweeten to taste. My midwife said she has seen HUGE improvements in moms drinking this consistently (some who were pre-eclamptic in previous pregnancies), and even men who struggle with blood pressure! I know it's chalk full of minerals, so maybe the calcium/magnesium in it is part of why it helps?

And I second the Brewers Diet; lots of protein, and they key with salt is that it needs to be unrefined sea salt, such as Celtic sea salt, Real Salt, or Himalayan sea salt.
therevslady likes this.

Last edited by GranolaMamaOf3; December 3rd, 2012 at 07:02 PM.
December 3rd, 2012, 08:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! I take a calcium/mag supplement every night, and a passionflower tincture. I'm eating pretty much just protein at this point and walking a couple of hours a day. I've also been drinking a pregnancy tea that has nettle in it, but I'll have to try just the tea - thanks Heather.

At my check today my bp was back down a bit, not as much as she wants it but enough to make her comfortable with me staying with her as long as it doesn't spike again. It helped that she had me do blood work over the weekend and my labs all came back with no sign of pre-eclampsia or any other liver problems. So as of right now we're good! I'm going to a chiropractor tomorrow... she says that my cervix is so soft and mushy right now that if we can get her to drop and get that pressure that things will happen quickly. Hoping to get her here by the weekend!

December 5th, 2012, 07:56 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: Veann
EDD: February 21, 2013
Baby name if known: Not sharing until birth and hubby says we aren't in agreement anyway.
Planning to birth at home, hospital, or birth center: Home
How are you feeling? Mostly fine: just some contractions, tiredness, leg cramps, body aches, heartburn and the occasional morning sickness.
Anything exciting or that concerns you lately? Yes - my uterus is measuring four weeks ahead currently.
Twenty-Seven Weeks November 24, 2012:
therevslady likes this.

Last edited by cheezpoofs; December 5th, 2012 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Clarification
December 5th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Name: Ember Rose
EDD: 3/11/13
Baby name if known: I dunno
How are you feeling? Alright. Lots of ligament pulling
Anything exciting or that concerns you lately? My stress level worries me lately
December 7th, 2012, 09:12 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been around in the past but wasn't able to have my natural birth so I didn't really stick around after DD was born. But...I am planning a natural birth this time around so I figured it was time to join in again!
Name:Kaite
EDD:March 9th
Team Blue/Pink/Green:BLUE
Baby name if known:Cooper Michael
Planning to birth at home, hospital, or birth center:A home water birth, but at my parents home, our house just isn't big enough, and I was born in my parents home so I think it will be neat
How are you feeling?I'm feeling "more" pregnant than I ever did with dd. I'm already having trouble sleeping at 27 weeks, and that didn't happen till about 34 weeks with dd. Sometimes I feel like I can literally feel my stomach getting bigger.
Anything exciting or that concerns you lately?I'm getting ready to order my birth kit, getting a Rhogam shot at midwife appt next week, and then after that I will start going every other week!
Any belly pics to share?!I've only taken one, and should probably take another, but I just don't have that cute pregnant belly so I'm not really into taking pics!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search