VERY upsetting appointment with my midwife today...

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree26Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Pinkapple's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Skype™ to Pinkapple
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_tops View Post
I'm so glad you've gotten so much concrete advice here! And I'm glad you're moving on. It sounds like a horrible experience, and even if things were chaotic with the midwives and their personal lives, that is no excuse for the intake staff to treat you the way that they did. I hope that all around in the end, you end up with a situation that is better than you could have imagined for the birth of your little one this spring.

(ETA: Also, a midwife that doesn't support NCB? I didn't even know there was such a thing!)
Same here!! I assumed that all midwives were very NCB-friendly...I suppose that's what I get for assuming, though
December 8th, 2012, 04:33 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkapple View Post
Same here!! I assumed that all midwives were very NCB-friendly...I suppose that's what I get for assuming, though
Those are what we call "med"wives... Unfortunately I've met a few (not here in GA though)
d_tops and Pinkapple like this.

Last edited by GranolaMamaOf3; December 8th, 2012 at 04:40 AM.
December 8th, 2012, 04:40 AM
Oops double post.

December 11th, 2012, 10:41 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Med-wives lol! Never heard of that.

I have no extra advice but I just wanted to say that's awful what's happened to you. I hope you find the perfect fit for your delivery in time and you get to have your dream birth! I planned a water birth but still ended up delivering outside of the tub so don't feel discouraged if you have to give that aspect up. I think finding a supportive midwife is the key first.
GranolaMamaOf3 and Pinkapple like this.
December 12th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Pinkapple's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Skype™ to Pinkapple
Quote:
Originally Posted by daneeleigh View Post
Med-wives lol! Never heard of that.

I have no extra advice but I just wanted to say that's awful what's happened to you. I hope you find the perfect fit for your delivery in time and you get to have your dream birth! I planned a water birth but still ended up delivering outside of the tub so don't feel discouraged if you have to give that aspect up. I think finding a supportive midwife is the key first.
Thank you! I was able to get a little more information about the midwife Michele that they are trying to send me to, and I spoke with a doula who attended a birth with her just a few days ago. Apparently, she pushed pit, narcotic pain meds, and refused to let her stay in the tub past a certain time. I'm assuming with a good doula, the first two could be avoidable but if I must go with her, it looks like I might have to give the waterbirth aspect up...that is, if my water breaks too long before I deliver.

I'm still working on finding a doula/midwife, unfortunately my youngest cousin had emergency brain surgery on Tuesday and we've been at Children's Hospital for the most part this week.
December 12th, 2012, 03:09 PM
On oh! sounds like you've had a lot going on! I hope your cousin is okay!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search