New here!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Juneleigh's Avatar Veteran
Hi everyone, I'm new to this board for my current pregnancy, but I'm due December 31st and now that it's getting close I feel like I really need some communication and support! I've been pretty open-minded about my options for labour but have finally decided that I want a natural birth, this is my second time around and I will be delivering in a hospital. My first delivery was medication-free until 20 hrs in, 5cms dialated and doc suggested pitocin and epidural and I gave in. I feel like I know what to expect this time around, I know anything can happen but I trust my body a lot more this time!! Anyway I just wanted to say hi... And also ask what everyone is doing if they have to have a hospital birth and want to stay strong despite the many factors that will try to keep you from your goal of a medication-free labour and delivery? The first thing I am going to do is stay home as looooong as possible before going to the hosp. Any other ideas, other than writing a birth plan?

Kristine
December 9th, 2012, 07:56 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
Hi! And Welcome! You already mentioned my first suggestion of staying out of the hospital as long as possible. Do you have a doula? That can make a big difference too! Studies show that having a doula can reduce interventions exponentially!

December 9th, 2012, 05:25 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Congratulations and Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~Que~~ View Post
Hi! And Welcome! You already mentioned my first suggestion of staying out of the hospital as long as possible. Do you have a doula? That can make a big difference too! Studies show that having a doula can reduce interventions exponentially!
^^Ditto to all of this! A doula can also come to your house and be there to support you before heading to the hospital.

Just remember; This is your body, your baby, and your birth! You are in charge and have the right to ask questions and make informed choices. A lot of the time Dr's/nurses offer things and we hear "you NEED this", but really they're just following protocol and making suggestions. If it's not absolutely necessary, avoid it. Don't feel intimidated. Trust your body, Trust your intuition. You can do this!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search