Septum in Uterus

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Urchin

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Kinethra's Avatar Veteran
Hi Ladies!

I just had a few questions and concerns and was hoping someone might be able to help clear my mind.

So, last night I spent 7 hours in the ER after spending 8 hours living in the bathroom due to horrible food poisoning. I was worried about dehydration, so when I was capable of making a car ride I had DH take me to the ER. They did an ultrasound to make sure the baby was fine (And it is. I'm only 5 weeks, but they said everything looked good and where it should be at this stage.) But they told me I have a septum in my uterus. They didn't tell me the extent of it at all. They just said "The radiologist didn't think it should be a problem"

I'm only assuming that means its very minor? Most of the stories I've read now say that women with more severe cases have a hard time getting pregnant, but we got pregnant our first try. But now I'm worried it could cause a miscarriage. And I read it could cause early labor. I really don't want the midwives to tell me they can't see me because of this. But I also just really want everything to be fine and the baby to be safe.

Has anyone else had this? What could this mean? Has anyone else had a problem?

December 19th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
My mother had a bicornuate uterus and successfully had both myself and my brother. The only real issue was that we both were on the smaller side when we were born, but it didn't affect our health at all.

You shouldn't have anything to worry about. I would still discuss it with your doctors though!
Kinethra likes this.

December 19th, 2012, 11:29 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I have a client with a bicornate uterus who is pregnant with her 5th baby, and I'm going through pregnancy with her for the second time. So far, her first four babies were born 35-36 weeks. One of the issues that arose for her a couple of times was the shape of her uterus encouraged breech position. She chose to take steroid injections to facilitate lung maturity. I would encourage you to find a care provider who is very VERY familiar with versions and also breech birth. Things she did to prolong her pregnancy were lots of vit C, mag/cal supplements to calm her uterus, lots of water, and occasional wine at the end of her pregnancy to calm her uterus. But she has 4 healthy babies, so that should be an encouragement to you!!!

December 19th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Kinethra's Avatar Veteran
Thank you ladies! that does give me more hope!

December 19th, 2012, 12:47 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
Also, my client feels so good about how things have gone in the past that she is planning a home birth this time around

December 19th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Super Mommy
I have a bicornuate uterus. Mine is not severe at all though. I am pregnant right now with my 3rd due in early Feb. My first was born at 37 1/2 weeks and was 6lbs 1oz. My second came on his due date at a chubby 8lbs. I told my current dr about it and he said it probably has become even less biconuated with each pregnancy.

He wasn't breech and I didn't have to have any steroid injections or anything. The only effect it had on my pregnancy was I chose to see a dr instead of a midwife with my first pregnancy. Like I said mine was not severe at all and I also got pregnant very quickly.
December 20th, 2012, 10:01 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would follow up with your primary doctor about the severity of the issue. A few of my friends from JM have had them and one had hers at 34 weeks, she did not have a severe case and her water broke on its own. The other though has delivered both babies at 25 weeks. Both babies are thankfully healthy now but it's been a long road for them. I would ask to be monitored closely, especially your cervix. Even if baby implanted in the larger portion does not mean that strain can't be put on the cervix prematurely. Can you have a safe and healthy pregnancy? Absolutely. But with this being your first and you have no previous history to base your body off of, I would take extra precautions.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search