Didn't have my natural birth

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By therevslady
  • 2 Post By BeckyBozeman
  • 1 Post By GranolaMamaOf3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2012, 04:44 PM
The Truth is out There
But I'm okay with that. As it turns out, my cervix was really not working with the program, and I'm 100% sure I gave it my best try and wouldn't have been able to go natural no matter what I did.
My water broke before my contractions started (and I didn't start having contractions until they started me on Pitocin), and I wasn't able to move past 5cm, even with an epidural. Eventually, baby stopped tolerating labor and they had perform a C-Section to save baby.
The report on the placenta came back today, and showed that it was considerably more aged than it should have been, and that plus the problems my cervix was having mean that it wouldn't have mattered what I did, I would have ended up with a C-Section no matter what.

I am a little sad/disappointed, but baby is here, safe and sound, doing great, which is the important part. Maggie was born Dec. 17th at 2:49, weighing 5lbs 14oz. We are already home and I am healing up great.

Thanks so much for all your support in the last few months!

December 19th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
The absolute most important thing is that your baby is here and you are both healthy. I'm so happy for you and your little one! Congratulations!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

December 20th, 2012, 06:15 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
Congratulations on your baby!!! It's always so hard when your water breaks first, I'm sure you did a wonderful job! If you do find that you have mixed emotions about your experience, you should look into the ICAN forums and see if there is a local chapter near you. Those ladies are great support, and it always helps to share your experience with others who have similar stories.
GranolaMamaOf3 and tryinfor5 like this.

December 21st, 2012, 08:42 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you weren't able to have the birth you wanted, but glad you got the medical assistance needed and that you are both recovering well. Congratulations on your new baby girl!

December 21st, 2012, 08:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm right there with you Brittany... I so wanted my natural water birth! I have to console myself with the fact that I did everything that I could to make that happen and in the end just had to make some hard decisions that were best for my baby and me. I'm disappointed too... and I imagine that I'll have to deal with a few things once we get baby home and I have a chance to really think about what happened. But for right now I know that I have a beautiful daughter that is in a place where she's safe and healing and I get to be with her and I just have to make the best of it.

Hugs to you and I'm so glad that you got Maggie here safe and sound! Now we get the fun part of being mamas!
therevslady and tryinfor5 like this.

December 21st, 2012, 12:27 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
I just wanted to commend you for giving your all! The "problem" with pain meds/c-sections is their *unnecessary* over use, but sometimes they really are needed, and we are grateful for them in those times! Also, remember that your baby still got all those wonderful benefits of labor to help prepare her for life outside the womb prior to the c-section! Way to go Mama!

Congratulations on your baby girl! Maggie is such a sweet name!
tryinfor5 likes this.

Last edited by GranolaMamaOf3; January 5th, 2013 at 02:13 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search