Update on Miss Regan - Xposted

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2012, 08:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The last week is a little blurry... we're still at the hospital. This will be our 11th day since we started the induction. I'm healing up pretty well. It's been nice to be on boarder status at the hospital so I have all my prescriptions and don't get bugged while I'm sleeping. We have a room with a double bed so DH can stay with me (much better than the fold out chair they had him in while I was still in a surgical bed!) and a little fridge so we can keep snacks, etc. My incision seems to be healing well, my bp is being managed by the meds they have me on, my bleeding is pretty reasonable and the narcotics have me so backed up that (TMI) my first two bowel movements were pretty hellish. I'm on colace, metamucil and prune juice and I'm still dreading the next one!

Regan is doing pretty well. She's finished her antibiotics. Most of her monitors and stuff have been taken off. The xrays of her poor little lungs show that she's continuing to improve and most, if not all, of the fluid is gone. She's breastfeeding great, but last night she about killed me because she'd nurse for about an hour and a half and then sleep for two and we'd start all over again. Which I'm sure is pretty normal, but it's extra fun when you have to leave to go to bed, then get a phone call to go back to the nursery not long after you get to sleep! The nurses have been great though and they've been calling us when she wakes up and is hungry so that we're following her schedule, rather than just feeding her every three hours. My milk lets down when I see her and she's got a great latch so there's at least one area that's been pretty easy for us.

The issue we're still having with her is her oxygen. She still has a nasal cannula that is feeding her oxygen and they've been trying to wean her off of it. But everytime they get below about a 50% mix she starts having saturation problems when she's asleep or really relaxed. So she's not getting much help, but what she's getting appears to be very necessary. She doesn't look or act like a sick baby. In fact she's back up to 8 pounds 9 ounces and seems to be growing like crazy the last few days.

And she's still ridiculously pretty and we couldn't be crazier about her. We just want to get her home!

December 21st, 2012, 09:27 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She sure is cute! I hope she learns breathing very quickly and that you can take her home very soon!

December 21st, 2012, 11:00 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She is so adorable!!!!! I'm glad everything is going well at the hospital considering the circumstances. It sounds like yall are being well taken care of. And that's great that they're being so helpful with the feeding.
December 21st, 2012, 12:18 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
What a beautiful baby! I'm so glad nursing is going well, and you both seem to be doing better! I hope you can go home soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search