Need Opinions Here

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2006, 04:47 PM
MJONES's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am going to have several questions in this and I will try and give a good history.
First, I am due by hospital U/S Aug 22nd and the baby measures AUG 22nd, but my DR has kept the Sept 7 EDD saying 2wks before or after is full term.... but my point is I am a little closer (I think) than what my EDD reflects.
My first son my water was leaking and I was induced. His EDD was June 8th and born May 22nd after 28ish hours of labor. It was really bad I had 4th degree lacerations and was in surgery for 3 plus hrs after delivery due to bleeding and being stitched. Then my daughter was due Nov 10th and moved up to Oct 2oth but born Oct22nd. I had an epidural with her, when we got to the hospital I was at 6 almost 7. I couldnt breathe and was told the epidural was in the wrong space(?) and so the DRs rushed in and removed the epidural and then it was basically time to push. All things considering I think I handled it pretty well, with the exception of her head crowning. They told me I might feel a *slight* burning sensation and all I can say is that it felt like I was on fire... that would be the worst feeling and I dread it again. I guess that is the only thing that is keeping me from thinking I could go 100% natural again is the burning fear. I considered the perinial massages but to be totally honest I get light headed jsut thinking about it. I do not have the greatest support either, he tries but isn't much help. Now we are 2000 miles away from family and friends so he truly is the only help I may have.
so is this something I can overcome or is there something I can do to try and ease my fears? I have been having a lot of pressure lately and tons of BH and then a couple good contractions. I have tried checking myself but cannot reach my cervix.... I go through days of full blown energy and then the past few have been very tired. I ahve been having a lot of lower back pain and cervix pain with the shooting pains inot my inner legs. I am constantly having the immediate rectal pressure where I have to go to the bathroom immediately and it has been very loose over the past week (sorry TMI) so does it sound like I could be close to labor? I guess I am starting to feel like i could be and that I am going into it unprepared.
Do consequent pregnancies normally go sooner? Is the labor usually quicker? Sorry for such a long post with so many questions but I need to feel more prepared than I do!

Ethan Hunter, Ava Madison, Achilles Ryan

Sept 2, 2006
July 25th, 2006, 04:57 PM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
momma I hear you about that"burning sensation".
Some people love the pushing stage. They feel like theyar edoing something to deal with the pain. Me, I hate it casue I know it brings that ring of fire. I just take solice in the fact that it is over rather quickly.
Perimum support, wam cloths and/or olive opil help this feeling.

This is the NCB board so I probally shouldn't be telling you this but if it saves you from an EPI it will be worth it
You an get a shot of novacaine down there before the head crowns. If I had known that before I had KAe I might have caved but she came out in one push anyway
July 25th, 2006, 05:04 PM
MJONES's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the info.. it still helps me be as natural as possible! VRS just caving to the epi. I pushed about 10 times before her head came out so the burning did last a while.
What are your opinions on labor? Does it sound like I am anywhere near or are these all common in the month before. I don't remember, its been a while. And this late, is there anything I can do to better prepare myself considering I am pretty *alone* in labor?

Ethan Hunter, Ava Madison, Achilles Ryan

Sept 2, 2006
July 25th, 2006, 08:35 PM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can you get your hands on Childbrtih the bradley way? Or even check out birthing form within's website. I know it is kinda late in the game but maybe you can find a doula in training to come in with you. Most will go for free just so they can ge the experience to get certified. If you want to pm me with were you are I can try and help you find one.
July 26th, 2006, 07:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
holy mama... it really does sound like you are close!!

you must be sooo excited!! this is number 3 is it.. WOW.. good for you~

and good for you being honest to yourself. it isnt easy giving birth, but i am sure that it gets easier and easier.

i agree that using a nice warm compress would help and also holding your pelvic floor; giving it some support really eases the BURNIng RING OF FIRE.

really concentrate on relaxing, and telling yourself that is is oh-sooo much sooner till you are holding your child. you can do this.. i am sure. just give yourself the confidence, and spend the next undetermined number of days (HOURS MAYBR?!?! hehehehe) and truly invision yourself having a 100% natural birth.

take good care, good luc, have fun, and let us know how it went!!
July 27th, 2006, 03:23 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
I hear ya about feeling like you were on fire! That was the worst part for me too, when I really broke down and screamed. But an hour after she was born I was able to get up and get a sandwich and I won't say the pain was a distant memory but it was over, just discomfort by then.
I have also given birth with an epi and while that birth was a piece of cake, I was so sleepy afterwards and couldn't get up and about, I felt sort of removed from myself. it was very peaceful but not as clear in my mind. Oh if only we could have the best of both worlds
I am going to try to do it natural again this time. If this one folows the pattern of each birth taking half the time of the previous one I should be done in an hour and a half so it won't be long to last
Good luck with your birth experience!

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search