January Chit Chat Thread

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree25Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2013, 02:15 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Just fyi: Our computer crashed the other day, so I only have access from my phone for now We're trying to get it fixed but may have to buy a new one. Just wanted to explain my absence

January 13th, 2013, 09:52 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GranolaMama View Post
Just fyi: Our computer crashed the other day, so I only have access from my phone for now We're trying to get it fixed but may have to buy a new one. Just wanted to explain my absence
I find using the forum runner app. is way easier than downloading the entire JM website from my phone
GranolaMamaOf3 likes this.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
January 13th, 2013, 10:52 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Not long ago I was asked about my birth preferences. I was explaining why epidurals and inductions can be so dangerous, and the positive points that make me want a natural birth. This persons response was, "Wow, life's going to suck for you for a couple of days!"

Really? I wasn't aware that giving birth was easy for women who have c-sections and inductions

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
January 14th, 2013, 12:38 AM
i love giving birth. honestly. i would probably feel "done" having kids after this next one if i didnt love it so much...but i can't imagine only doing it one more time!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
January 14th, 2013, 04:04 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GranolaMama View Post
This is totally random. I just noticed you're from San Diego! My younger sister is getting ready to move there from FL to join her husband who is in the Navy. Are there any natural mama play/support groups there that you would recommend? She has a 4.5 month old son and I know she will be looking for friends and community If there is a FB group or something she could join as she prepares to move, that would be great!
Honestly I have no clue. I'm sure there are a TON of them because San Diego is very "hippy" but I haven't had a chance to take advantage of any of them because I've been too busy working and going to school. We are military as well which is how we landed out here. If she has any questions let me know. I'll soon be a stay at home mom and we like to stay as natural as possible.
January 14th, 2013, 12:50 PM
I'm in a Facebook group that is full of mommys from San Diego that are crunchy. You can add me in fb if you want and I'll add you to the group.
Chelsea Sturgill Kenkel

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
January 14th, 2013, 05:12 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
Quote:
Are you doing DEM, que?

I'm going to start my provera tomorrow. they said to start it on the 15th or 16th, but I prefer starting things on Mondays if i can SO that means 10 days til my next period (ish) and then we will do our IUI that cycle!
Yes, gonna do DEM via PEP most likely.

Looks like things are getting exciting for you!

January 15th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Veteran
Finally get back on here for a bit after getting back to work and I am so excited to see so much activity in this forum!!

I haven't watched Parenthood - thanks sooo much for another series to suck me into lol I have heard its good too.

que - I'm so excited for you to be starting this program!! We need all the support we can get in the "natural" world.

ninjacakes - I love photography, I think it's so much fun that you get to do it and get paid!! lol We just got a Nikon D5100 for ou Christmas gift this year and sooo excited to learn how to use it.

I love chit chat and frankly, I am right there with you ladies in not having much on friend time. I am a transplant here as well and it seems I just havent made any good friends. And then finding time to do things with them is not always possible. AND - I love to talk about natural childbirth lol I am like a geek about it. That and breastfeeding and DIY. So finding a crowd that can appreciate it is sometimes tough. Obvously you guys do or you wouldn't be here.
due with #4 in November, still nursing #3!

I love to blog, although I don't have much time for it recently... I will be back at it as soon as I can!

http://www.whereloveandfamilymeet.wordpress.com
http://www.wherelovemeetslife.wordpress.com
January 15th, 2013, 11:46 AM
I've lived in this crappy town for years and didn't make any friends until I started nursing school this year. I've made some great friends through school.

Brylie has cheerleading tonight from 7-8 so I'm trying to come up with a healthy dinner to feed her after. She will get a snack around 6...probably cheese, grapes, apple slices and carrots...but we usually eat dinner around 7-730, so she is STARVING after cheer. It's an hour drive so it has to be something she can eat in the car. I dont want to eat out every Tuesday, but so far that's what we've done. Any ideas?

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
January 15th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Veteran
Can you do chicken salad sandwiches? Or any sandwich really. Or wraps are good...

I love to blog, although I don't have much time for it recently... I will be back at it as soon as I can!

January 15th, 2013, 01:49 PM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
Mmm chicken salad sandwich sounds amazing!

January 15th, 2013, 04:33 PM
I feel like I have no excuse for my friend issue. I have lived in the same area for my entire life. I guess I have a lot of acquaintances. I just don't have very many REAL friends. In all reality, that's ok. My husband is awesome and I love my family. I'm totally ok hanging out with them most of the time. They're so much fun. It was just a lot of fun (different kind of fun) doing stuff with my best friend. She comes once a year. And honestly, that's enough right now. I unfortunately don't have a vast amount of time for friends with so many little ones at home.
tryinfor5 likes this.

January 16th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Veteran
I only have 3 true blue friends, que. And really, only one of those I keep in close contact with. Once we have families, our time is just split like it used to be.

I suppose I could make more friends if I carved out time for them - but realistically I don't even have time to get my house clean.. lol I try to spend as much time with family as I can, so that doesn't leave much time. I may try and dedicate at least 1 visit a month with a friend, whether it be kidless or not, it will be time I appreciate.

So mommas with 2 or more... how do you juggle time with the kids?? My new guy is 9 weeks, my older is 2 and a half. My older child demands a lot of time from me - but I feel like I am slighting the younger one trying not to make the older feel left out. Where do you find that balance??

January 16th, 2013, 01:36 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryinfor5 View Post

So mommas with 2 or more... how do you juggle time with the kids?? My new guy is 9 weeks, my older is 2 and a half. My older child demands a lot of time from me - but I feel like I am slighting the younger one trying not to make the older feel left out. Where do you find that balance??
I worry about this too. Maddie will be 3 when the baby comes, and she demands so much of my time. If I just sit on the couch, she'll happily play on her own, but the second I get the computer out, she climbs on my lap and insists she needs to sit there. She'll even grab my hand if I'm typing and say "mommy I need your hand"....and she won't let it go. I have a feeling I'm going to be doing a lot of nursing with her sitting on my lap. It also kills me to pick her up, so I try to only hold her if we're sitting down, but she's still my baby so when she wants up, I have a hard time telling her its just too hard on me.

I too have issues with friends, and no excuse because I've lived in the same area for my whole life. None of my high school friends have kids yet, and a couple aren't married, which just puts us in different places. My "best" friend, which I use loosely, is going through a divorce, so I try to be there for her, but she also wants to go out and date a bunch of guys now, so hanging out together on a weekend is out. I have a friend I met on JM, but she is going on her 6th kid, and she lives 2 hours away, so that makes it difficult for us to get together.

Too bad we don't all live in the same area and could hang out

January 16th, 2013, 02:54 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Quote:
Originally Posted by daneeleigh View Post
Honestly I have no clue. I'm sure there are a TON of them because San Diego is very "hippy" but I haven't had a chance to take advantage of any of them because I've been too busy working and going to school. We are military as well which is how we landed out here. If she has any questions let me know. I'll soon be a stay at home mom and we like to stay as natural as possible.
Thanks for the response

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicaChels View Post
I'm in a Facebook group that is full of mommys from San Diego that are crunchy. You can add me in fb if you want and I'll add you to the group.
Chelsea Sturgill Kenkel
I'll pass your name along to her. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicaChels View Post
I find using the forum runner app. is way easier than downloading the entire JM website from my phone
I'll have to look into that!

January 16th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Just annoyed. Why is it that when I ask BF to do something simple 15 times, and he says 15 times that he will, it still doesn't get done?! Sometimes I really want to slap his mother for not teaching him any responsibility.

January 17th, 2013, 03:56 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I honestly don't know how women have social lives with little ones. I really would love too. But trying to be as great of a mom, wife, and student as I can be and then possibly add this volunteer doula program in.... Where's the time? All I'm thinking at the end of the day is BED lol. And I've been working full time, my last day is tomorrow. I keep up with girls I met here on JM through FB and that's all the socializing I can handle lol.
NinjaCakes likes this.
January 18th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by KtKuKi View Post
I worry about this too. Maddie will be 3 when the baby comes, and she demands so much of my time. If I just sit on the couch, she'll happily play on her own, but the second I get the computer out, she climbs on my lap and insists she needs to sit there. She'll even grab my hand if I'm typing and say "mommy I need your hand"....and she won't let it go. I have a feeling I'm going to be doing a lot of nursing with her sitting on my lap. It also kills me to pick her up, so I try to only hold her if we're sitting down, but she's still my baby so when she wants up, I have a hard time telling her its just too hard on me.

Too bad we don't all live in the same area and could hang out
That's pretty much it.... he wants me to play cars with him, play games with him, etc. I do!! But he always wants me to do more when I have the baby. I know it's a little bit of jealousy and wanting to feel like I am still there for him too (oh and he is going through the terrible 2s). It breaks my heart to tell him to wait but I have to take care of the baby too.

I feel your pain!!! If I figure it out I will let you know lol I think it's just going to take time to balance it all out, I was just hoping for some all-knowing response

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaCakes View Post
Just annoyed. Why is it that when I ask BF to do something simple 15 times, and he says 15 times that he will, it still doesn't get done?! Sometimes I really want to slap his mother for not teaching him any responsibility.
LOL... I am sorry to laugh.. but I think every wife has this issue (or gf) My husband just sent me a pic in a text last week - and I quote from the pic "Ladies, if a man says he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no need to remind him every 6 months about it"

Let's just say there have been a few things that I have actually had to nag about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneeleigh View Post
I honestly don't know how women have social lives with little ones. I really would love too. But trying to be as great of a mom, wife, and student as I can be and then possibly add this volunteer doula program in.... Where's the time? All I'm thinking at the end of the day is BED lol. And I've been working full time, my last day is tomorrow. I keep up with girls I met here on JM through FB and that's all the socializing I can handle lol.
I here ya!! I think that is the jist of it... time!!! I want to be able to buy time... or capitolize on all that time wasted sleeping - that's a lot of hours spent dreaming lol

January 28th, 2013, 01:35 PM
In efforts to keep the chit chat going, what is everyone up to this week?

We're just doing a lot of school lessons and I'm getting back into the grove of working full time again. Lots of meetings and on call for another doula who needs back up. Gonna try to make it out to the library one day this week with the kids.

January 30th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Just school! Waiting to meet my new doctor next week. Exciting life!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search