January Chit Chat Thread

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree25Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2013, 02:30 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
In efforts to get to know one another better, I thought I'd start a chit chat thread for us to talk about things that aren't worth starting a new thread over. This will be a great thread to help us boost our numbers in the January top 50!!! Let's show the world that awesome natural childbirthers have a lot to say!
GranolaMamaOf3 likes this.

Last edited by therevslady; January 4th, 2013 at 04:51 PM.
January 5th, 2013, 08:36 AM
What is everyone up to today?

My best friend is in town from Alaska. I have to go meet a client, and I am so excited to have my friend spend the night. I think we'll spend the night drinking wine and watching 80's flicks. I don't really do anything with friends. EVER. She's pretty much my only close friend and I only get to see her once a year. I am so looking forward to the evening!

January 5th, 2013, 04:05 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Hi there, I'm a new member but I'm not shy.

Today is my oldest dd's (child #2) birthday. She's sixteen! So we are having nachos for dinner and will be having peach cobbler for her dessert. I work nights and only slept four hours today, so after that I'll probably try to watch a movie with DH but sleep on the couch instead, LOL!
therevslady likes this.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

January 5th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
let's see... Today the kids had a party at church, then I had a tea party themed baby shower to go to (made a dress to wear last minute since none of my dresses fit!). Narrowly avoided a car accident.

And now the girls and I are chillin out eating pizza and watching a movie. Not sure what I want to do after they go to bed. I've been staying up way too late the last few nights so I might just go to bed, but maybe I'll sew something instead... who knows

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

January 5th, 2013, 07:39 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Not much today. Tomorrow we're going to church and then to a friends house to have lunch and visit with out of town guests whom we haven't seen in ages! Unfortunately DH will be working.

January 6th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Sounds like everyone is having eventful weekends!!!

Another friend came over and we talked, had girl time, and my friends did my dishes since I fell behind when I had mastitis. It made me really miss having friends around! Not them doing my dishes, even though I loved that, but I just missed having friends. Love them so much.

January 6th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~Que~~ View Post
Sounds like everyone is having eventful weekends!!!

Another friend came over and we talked, had girl time, and my friends did my dishes since I fell behind when I had mastitis. It made me really miss having friends around! Not them doing my dishes, even though I loved that, but I just missed having friends. Love them so much.
I understand. We've moved around quite a bit, and I had a really hard time making friends in PA. I actually feel like I've made more friends here in GA in the one year I've lived here than I did the 3+ I lived in PA! Good friends are so rare and valuable!

January 6th, 2013, 11:16 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had a busy weekend! Friday I went to the city (about an hour) with a girlfriend and her 2 kids (and my 2 kids)...we had a good time I babysat her younger son (he will be 2 in a few days) while her older son went to his dad's house, because she had to work....took all 3 kids to subway (note to self: twin boys...kudos to those moms!) then i took him home and we went to another friends little boy's first birthday party...we had a good time! There were a lot of kids there for mine to keep busy with....

Today went back to the city with DH and the kiddos...I took Brylie to get her first mani/pedi it was so fun...we met my BFF...and Brylie was so cute and grown up...she was sipping on her hot chocolate and boy was she telling that nail tech exactly what she wanted.....she even informed him that he didn't cut her nails short enough ....we went to dinner and target, and now im at home.. its 115AM and I *should* be sleeping, but DH got himself an ipad mini today and is tinkering around on it..and im just enjoying the quiet!

and counting down the days until I can induce my period and get on with this dang IUI!!!!!
therevslady and NinjaCakes like this.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
January 7th, 2013, 03:27 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We took Mason to the Zoo this weekend and it was a blast!!! We really had lots of errands we should have been doing but it was nice to just push them all to the side for once and go enjoy the beautiful weather.

We too live out here alone without family and friends and it's difficult. My house becomes a wreck all the time and luckily DH does picking up every few days. I work nights this month so my schedule is all off. Then I have school every few nights so I'm really no good for anything certain days of the week lol.

I would love to be able to just quit my job and become a doula while I'm going through school! Wishful thinking!
NinjaCakes likes this.
January 9th, 2013, 06:24 PM
OT; Does anyone else in here watch Parenthood? After my BFF in PA raved about it I started watching out of curiosity, and now I'm slightly obsessed... Watching Season 4 Episode 13 on hulu now.
therevslady likes this.

January 9th, 2013, 07:04 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I LOVE Parenthood. It was supposed to be canceled this season, but I think it did so well that they aren't canceling it. I don't really understand why, though, because I know tons of people that watch it and love it.

January 9th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Really? Everyone has been saying this has been their best season yet! I hope they keep going!

January 9th, 2013, 08:43 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I had a nice engagement session today with a lovely couple, and they couldn't have picked a more perfect day for it. We got a break in the cold weather; it was a beautiful day. I'll be photographing their wedding in October as well. I love meeting so many different kinds of people and being able to watch the interactions between them. I find it fascinating and moving to witness something so special. It didn't hurt that they brought their adorable husky puppy with them Made my day!

Quote:
It made me really miss having friends around!
I've been feeling that lately, too. I used to spend a lot of time with a select people, but then I picked up seasonal jobs starting with halloween and fell out of the habit. Makes me sad! I'm glad you got to have double friend time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneeleigh View Post
We too live out here alone without family and friends and it's difficult.
Boy do I hear that. It kind of wears on you, doesn't it? I love living out here because it's mostly quiet, but I feel isolated now that winter is actually here. My house definitely suffers for it Whenever company comes over I'm overwhelmed with the sudden urge to clean just because I have someone to talk to.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
January 10th, 2013, 03:13 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I thought I was just joking above when I posted about quitting my job and becoming a Doula but I put my two weeks in yesterday lol. I'll post that in another topic.
January 10th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Hi everyone! We had plans for a playdate today, but it looks like our oldest DS has a fever, so I'll have to cancel that. He's supposed to go in tomorrow morning for an eye exam, but I'm not sure if we'll make that either if he's still sick. I'm super worried that it's the flu, because I've never had the flu and I really, really don't want to get it the first time as a pregnant woman. The kiddos are snuggled up on the couch watching a movie and I'm trying to get some work done.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

January 10th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daneeleigh View Post
So I thought I was just joking above when I posted about quitting my job and becoming a Doula but I put my two weeks in yesterday lol. I'll post that in another topic.
This is totally random. I just noticed you're from San Diego! My younger sister is getting ready to move there from FL to join her husband who is in the Navy. Are there any natural mama play/support groups there that you would recommend? She has a 4.5 month old son and I know she will be looking for friends and community If there is a FB group or something she could join as she prepares to move, that would be great!

January 10th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husher View Post
Hi everyone! We had plans for a playdate today, but it looks like our oldest DS has a fever, so I'll have to cancel that. He's supposed to go in tomorrow morning for an eye exam, but I'm not sure if we'll make that either if he's still sick. I'm super worried that it's the flu, because I've never had the flu and I really, really don't want to get it the first time as a pregnant woman. The kiddos are snuggled up on the couch watching a movie and I'm trying to get some work done.
Oh no! I hope everyone is better soon and you can avoid whatever it is!

January 11th, 2013, 03:08 PM
I'm late responding, but Parenthood is my favorite show on TV. I would be SO MAD if they canceled it!!!
GranolaMamaOf3 likes this.

January 12th, 2013, 03:58 PM
I got my first textbook in the mail for my midwifery studies! Opening that package was a big moment for me. I'm so excited for this next chapter of my life!
KtKuKi and Dhartanya like this.

January 13th, 2013, 11:53 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I got my first textbook in the mail for my midwifery studies! Opening that package was a big moment for me. I'm so excited for this next chapter of my life!
Are you doing DEM, que?

I'm going to start my provera tomorrow. they said to start it on the 15th or 16th, but I prefer starting things on Mondays if i can SO that means 10 days til my next period (ish) and then we will do our IUI that cycle!
therevslady likes this.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search