Hi Ladies!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By marriedtoamountie
  • 1 Post By daneeleigh
  • 2 Post By GranolaMamaOf3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2013, 06:30 PM
marriedtoamountie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm Nicole, welcoming number 3 in July... maybe August with my history My first were both overdue (one 1.5 weeks and one 2.5 weeks) so my DD means nothing to me I'm looking forward to a natural delivery, low key and relaxing. I was lucky (in a way) with my first two that they were both posterior and so I had one small area of back labour. With both I showed up to the hospital about 2 hours after my labour started at 7cm I wasn't happy with the medical advice given with my first two regarding their presentation and have made it my mission to educate myself as much as possible in the event of another sunny-side-up presentation! I look forward to chatting with all of you!
therevslady likes this.

January 8th, 2013, 01:12 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome, have you looked into doing Spinning Babies moves while pregnant? My baby was believed to be in the perfect position until labor started and I stalled out for a few hours. It wasn't until I did some SB moves that it unjarred him but he was still in a weird position.
therevslady likes this.
January 8th, 2013, 04:49 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Baby number 3 was posterior for me and really there is no way I could have pushed him out that way... As soon as I turned onto my hands and knees though one contraction later he flipped and out he came... I give HUGE props to any mama that actually delivers a baby in the posterior position!

January 8th, 2013, 05:40 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Welcome, Nicole! So happy to have you here!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

January 8th, 2013, 08:20 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
BTW I am curious what sort of educating is there that should be done about posterior positioned babies?? Am I missing something?

January 8th, 2013, 08:43 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Welcome! I'm SO excited to see so many of my fellow DDC members joining in here! I've never had that before!
therevslady and NinjaCakes like this.

January 8th, 2013, 09:36 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by GranolaMama View Post
Welcome! I'm SO excited to see so many of my fellow DDC members joining in here! I've never had that before!
Agreed Welcome!

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
January 12th, 2013, 12:29 PM
marriedtoamountie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by keekopeeko View Post
BTW I am curious what sort of educating is there that should be done about posterior positioned babies?? Am I missing something?
It could just be the area where I lived (very rural) with my last two babies, but upon arrival at the hospital they discovered while checking me for progress that baby was posterior and they explained to us it was unsafe to deliver posterior babies without an epidural. They said that without the epidural things remain too tight and it becomes a dangerous situation for baby. They said the epidural allows for every muscle to relax (and let your body tense only the ones required). My husband and I were both baffled as I wasn't in pain... well a little I guess, but maybe a 3/10 which for 7cm isn't bad at all. Now I don't (and my children) don't react well to medication at all, but the doctors really stressed that the use of the epidural outweighs any negative side effects of the medication (which we currently don't believe to be true in our case). Also with my first, the doctor told us that baby wouldn't be able to make it through the birth canal (I wasn't allowed to switch positions, just sitting on the birthing bed) without assistance, so they used the vacuum and episiotomies were performed. Many things went wrong with both deliveries, and part of the problem was with our first we never had really looked into what a posterior presentation entailed, and with our second the Dr's had thought baby was presenting perfect a few days before and said our chances of two posties in a row was slim to none. With this baby, I want to be prepared. We want to know the truth about posterior deliveries, risks to baby and mama, best delivery positions, positions to avoid, is medication really necessary... I don't know. I just feel medication was excessive and useless with my first two and that birthing position would have made all the difference in the world, kwim??

January 12th, 2013, 02:30 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sorry to hear about your poor birth experiences, and sounds like the hospital was feeding you a line . . .

I second looking into spinning babies. And maybe also going for a midwife/birth center this time.
January 12th, 2013, 03:56 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
Welcome! So glad to have you here!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search