Did you/will you find out what your are having?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2006, 06:32 PM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you found out the sex of your baby?

We did with our first and third but not our second or fouth. lol

WE found out be accident with our thrid.
July 26th, 2006, 07:31 PM
CTK3989's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I found out July 17th that we're having a boy!!

Chelci

July 26th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Veteran
We don't know the sex of our baby. I love the element of excitement!! There aren't nearly enough surprises in life.

KB-9
BM-5
ER-2

July 26th, 2006, 08:42 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My husband is a sonographer. There was pretty much no way to not find out, lol.

July 26th, 2006, 09:31 PM
NaynayPie's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to NaynayPie
We can't find out because our midwives don't have an ultrasound machine that shows images. Everyone asks what we're having, and when I explain we're having a homebirth I get the funniest looks of amazement on everyone's faces. Not in a bad way, but in a "oh my god, that is AWESOME!" sort of way.

~Nay
July 27th, 2006, 05:36 AM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
We found out both times.

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
July 27th, 2006, 07:32 AM
illinoismommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't wait to find out
Baby expected January 2nd, 2010!

"In the first place, whether you choose or no to take any trouble about the formation of his habits, it is habit, all the same, which will govern ninety-nine one-hundredths of the child's life. We are all mere creatures of habit. We think our accustomed thoughts, make our usual small talk, go through the trivial round, the common task, without any self-determining effort of will at all." -Charlotte Mason
July 27th, 2006, 10:18 AM
DahliaMarie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to DahliaMarie Send a message via Yahoo to DahliaMarie
We are planning a homebirth too, Nay.

My midwife does not have an u/s machine, but at 18 weeks I went to an u/s "clinic" to get a diagnostic scan to make sure everything was progressing normally. Also there was some talk of twins, so I wanted to rule that out too. We found out then that it was a boy. I wanted to know, so it worked out for us!

<div align="center"></div>
July 27th, 2006, 11:32 AM
irishxrose
I found out Joshua was a boy many times... I had to have a lot of ultrasounds because of medication I had been taking before I knew I was pregnant.

Next child... I'll want to know.
July 27th, 2006, 02:57 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We found out, there was not way we could have held out. When we get pregnant again we will find out with that one too. We'll probably find out with every child.

We had it confirmed many times during my pregnancy, I had to have about 5 ultrasounds during my pregnancy due to various issues. I loved knowing he was a boy and calling him by his name while he was still inside.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

July 27th, 2006, 03:10 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
I wanted to wait until our baby announced his/her own gender on his /her birthday - but our flaky assigned military doc blurted out "Looks like a boy" without even asking me
From week 18 to week 22 I thought I was having a boy, named him and talked to him, began gathering his homecoming blanket and clothing and got very used to him being a him.
Then at week 22 we had another ultrasound, and the tech asked if we wanted to know baby's gender. We said we already knew it was a boy. She didn't say anything, but the screenshowed hubby that it was a girl, she asked again if we wanted a confirmation of the gender and hubby said "That's definitely a girl" I was speechless, then asked her to keep looking. No boy parts to be found at any angle.
It took some getting used to but I am happy about my girl. I was very disappointed at first though, and for a few weeks afterwards, I felt like I had lost my boy, I went through some grief over it - I had become so attched to "him" already. I'm ok with it now - I know there never was a baby boy, abd I love my lttle girl, but I could have done without the confusion.
In future I will make sure to tell the doctor BEFORE any ultrasound that I DO NOT want to know the gender.

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
July 28th, 2006, 06:36 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
We found out with Cameron. There was no way we could with Ani or Fritz. The (mainstream) OBs I went to when I was pregnant with Ani followed the current ACOG recommedations for very low risk women and did not do routine ultrasounds. We chose to have no u/s with Fritz. Honestly, I MUCH prefer not knowing to knowing!

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

July 28th, 2006, 03:32 PM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
There aren't nearly enough surprises in life.[/b]

I completely agree. The births that I didn't know were so much more exciting (not sure if that is the right word to use). There are just too few good surprises in this world.
July 28th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Mama-honey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I HAD to know with our first. We planned on not finding out this time, but I broke down when I started thinking about parting with Ella's things. We would have welcomed a boy, obviously, but I wanted to mentally prepare myself ahead of time. Turns out Ella will have a little sister!! I KNEW it all along... (watch it be a boy, lol!)
July 28th, 2006, 03:44 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
with my first, we did. i went to my u/s for my second, undecided, but she was shy, so we couldn't find out. this turned out to be a wonderful thing. when i was told it was a girl (my instinct told me boy, all along, and my husband had only 5 boys, no girls), it was among the most special moments in my life. i will never find out ahead of time again. amazing, i highly recommend waiting, if you can handle the suspense.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

July 29th, 2006, 01:05 AM
chlodoll
I found out at 20 weeks with Isaiah. I am still undecided with future babies. Its still a surprise either way! I didnt know beforehand lol
July 30th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Yeap, May 19th we found out we're expecting a little girl!

July 31st, 2006, 09:13 AM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i guess i want to find out-- i agree to me its' a surprise either way, finding out at 20 weeks or 40

July 31st, 2006, 09:39 AM
<span style="font-family:Verdana">I found out with the twins and Freya at my 20 wk scan, and I wanted to know with the older two but they wouldn't co-operate </span>

July 31st, 2006, 09:35 PM
kahlan's Avatar Super Mommy
We have found out with our three boys, and with this one! And it is finally a girl
We won't have anymore after this, four is enough for us.
Gina.

Check out my kids webpage: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/malikgrey
Me (Gina) - 32
DH - 33
Ds#1 - Aidan Dimian - 9
Ds#2 - Malik Peter - 4 1/2
Ds#3 - Ronan Jason - 3
Dd#1 - Danika Lexi - 20 months

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search