Lets talk: Water-Birth!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Water-Birth - Is it just me or does this seem to be rising in popularity? in terms of natural birth i do think it is becoming more popular. in general terms, not really

Is this something you would be interested in? yes, it has always interested me

Does your hospital/Birthing Center allow water births? not many, i had to search a hospital out and drive 45mins to get to it.

If you have had a water birth, what was your favorite and least favorite part? the heat and pressure of the water really helped ease pain. i tried the shower and it just didnt help at all but having my body submerged in the water helped so much. I really didnt have a least favorite part. I guess if I had to pick something it would be that I had to wait for the pool to fill which in reality was quite quick, in labor it seemed to be a long time.

What kind of tub/pool did you birth in? birth pool in a box. my hospital provided it along with a disposable liner. Its the inflatable kind with the handles that are part of it.
DD born 1/3/12

March 1st, 2013, 08:13 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is this something you would be interested in? I tried it but I could not stand being in the water after about 10 minutes.

Does your hospital/Birthing Center allow water births? my birthing center did

If you have had a water birth, what was your favorite and least favorite part? It was hot and i felt like i needed to be out. I couldn't get any leverage when I was pushing

What kind of tub/pool did you birth in? I don't know. It was a big tub with jets the birthing center.

March 2nd, 2013, 05:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I loved my water birth. I don't know about popularity or the type of tub my birth center used, except that it was wonderful!

The hospitals here have tubs, you can labor in them and that is it. You can't give birth in the tub and you can't go in it if your water has broken.

My favorite part was relief from back labor and it was very soothing. Baby was clean, no goo or blood on her. I loved scooping her up and holding her in the water. To this day, she loves the water and think being born in it played a role in that. The only thing I didn't like was the tub took FOREVER to fill up. I should have called ahead of time and asked her to start filling it up. It takes on average 45 mins to fill up, so I had to sit instead of squat or anything. Not ideal, but I wasn't giving birth on land!

I thought I would feel "dirty" with all the afterbirth gunk floating around, etc. I didn't. I was eager to take a shower, but not because I felt dirty. I mostly wanted to take a shower, just because my hair felt dirty since I didn't get to take one BEFORE labor. LOL.

My daughter still talks about the bloody water though. Whatever...LOL!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search