Preparing for labor/delivery

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By therevslady

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've never tried drinking herbal teas or taking supplements for preparing my body for labor. I thought I remember seeing something about raspberry tea.....
Can anyone reccommend some to help me prepare? I'm almost 30 weeks and am shocked to realize it's getting that close

Although, I've never used the pain medication, I find myself starting to get worried about the birth? Do any of you ladies worry about it as well, or am I just silly ?

February 16th, 2013, 07:19 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I always recommend NORA tea. It's the BEST all around tea you could use. The ingredients are: Nettles, Oat Straw, Raspberry Leaf, & Alfalfa.

Here is a great ebook about it: nora tea pdf free ebook download from riversidemidwifery.com
GranolaMamaOf3 likes this.

February 16th, 2013, 11:54 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Yes, I was going to suggest NORA as well. I buy the herbs in bulk from Ameriherb and it makes enough to last several months because you have to buy in 1-pound minimum quantities... I've even shared it with my pregnant goats, LOL! It is also good for post-partum and breastfeeding support (or so I've been told).

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

February 16th, 2013, 12:09 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
It crosses my mind, and I'm only 17 weeks I think it's normal to be thinking about it! Good luck with the teas!

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
February 17th, 2013, 09:48 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never heard of NORA tea but I'll have to remember that. I drank lots of red raspberry leaf tea because I loved the taste. I drank just tons of different teas because I craved them.
February 20th, 2013, 01:09 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
I was just about to recommend NORA tea too NORA*tea - Endeavors In Domestic Art - endeavors in domestic art.

I'm actually getting ready to order the herbs so I can make it and start drinking it soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search