Appt. Friday- nervous!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By jhmomofmany
  • 1 Post By jhmomofmany

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2013, 08:33 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
So, I think I mentioned here that I am hoping to switch care from my doc to a midwife. I meet her on Friday, and I am getting nervous! I'm mainly nervous that she won't take me as a patient/client because of my hypertension. I've had extremely high blood pressure since before this pregnancy and I told her that when I contacted her. I guess I'm just worried that once she meets me and sees that it really is as high as I told her it is, that she will tell me I'm better off going to a hospital to give birth. I'm just trying to hope for the best...

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

February 20th, 2013, 05:08 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
Have you tried magnesium/calcium supplements? Magnesium is so good for so many things in pregnancy. Amazon.com: Natural Vitality Natural Calm, Orange Calm 16 oz: Health & Personal Care

High BP usually isn't a game changer for midwives unless it's untreatable.

February 20th, 2013, 12:50 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
I hope your meeting goes well! Ask your midwife about stinging nettles tea. It's considered a tonic and one of those mineral rich herbs that's good for what ails you I have heard of several cases where it was used with success at lowering blood pressure in both pregnant woman and men. It's good stuff

February 20th, 2013, 01:47 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I don't have any advice, I just wanted to say I hope you get the care and good experience you want!

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
February 22nd, 2013, 03:37 PM
Thank you, Ladies! The appointment went well. Except for me being late and then getting stuck in the snow at the bottom of her driveway and needing help from her son and a neighbor to pull the car out, which made me even more late. I felt really bad about that. I think she will work out really well for us. My bp was 160/88 which is actually lower than it has been in the past. She wants me to continue with the calcium/mag and herbal tea, and also suggested I give up red meat while upping daily protein to 80g per day. She told me she actually developed hypertension and symptoms of pre-eclampsia when she was pregnant with her first and was able to keep it under control and have her baby at home, so that's encouraging. Baby is good, head down, heartrate 136, and so far I've gained about 10 pounds.

It is WONDERFUL to see a midwife again, such a word of difference from seeing a doctor!
GranolaMamaOf3 and daneeleigh like this.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

February 23rd, 2013, 07:39 AM
I'm so glad you had a good appointment and have found someone who is a good fit for you!

Just out of curiosity, did she say why removing red meat from your diet would help with bp?

February 23rd, 2013, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GranolaMama View Post
I'm so glad you had a good appointment and have found someone who is a good fit for you!

Just out of curiosity, did she say why removing red meat from your diet would help with bp?
I suspect it's because she is a vegetarian and has a personal bias.
GranolaMamaOf3 likes this.

February 23rd, 2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmomofmany View Post
I suspect it's because she is a vegetarian and has a personal bias.
LOL, okay.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search