Houseguests

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ember Rose

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2013, 10:01 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just a reminder..I am having baby at my parents home...

So on March 9th, my due date, we are having a surprise 90th party for my grandma. My mom discussed doing it that day with me, and I figured I was just as likely to go into labor the weekend before or after that, so there was no reason to not do it that weekend. My sister's both live about 4 hours away, but the drive to where we are having the party is 3 hours away. My mom and I both assumed they would come in just for the party, and go back home.

Turns out they plan to come for the whole weekend. My sister, BIL, and their 3 kids, and my sister and her 2 kids...all staying at my parents house. Its a big house, but still, its like a tornado hits when they're in town. Stuff EVERYWHERE. One of the main reasons we're using my parents house is its size, and the fact that I always feel calm and at home there, its always clean, except when family is in town.

My sister was planning on coming a week and a half after my due date, and even though I knew having the baby was still a possibility for that time, it was just going to be here and 2 of her kids, and DH and I had discussed getting them a hotel room if I happened to go into labor. However, we really don't want to spend the money to get 2 hotel rooms if I go into labor on my due date.

I guess I'm just feeling frustrated about it. When we first planned to be at my parents, I checked with my sisters and they assured me they weren't coming any time around my due date. Of course I think its great they're coming in for the party, its just kinda annoying too. Also, my mom told them that I will want them to leave the house if I'm in labor and my sister (who was at DD's birth) got all snippy about it, and how she wanted to be there to take pictures. AHHH....Sorry, I just wanted to vent a little! I know there's not much I can do about it, and probably shouldn't stress, especially when baby could come at ANY time.

February 23rd, 2013, 10:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think your parents would be well within their rights to say that the sisters knew there were plans for the house during that weekend so while they're glad they're coming in for the party they should have asked about accommodations because their home is not available.

Good luck!
GranolaMamaOf3 likes this.
February 27th, 2013, 07:15 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Oh wow! That would really be stressing me out! You are right in saying you can't know when the baby will come, so hopefully it's just not an issue.

Do you think your mom would back you up and make everyone leave if you did go into labor? Especially towards your sister if she gets pushy?

This is one rare time when you *hope* you go late I hope everything works out! ((hugs))

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search