40+ weeks

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218
  • 2 Post By KtKuKi

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2013, 09:28 AM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought I might actually be in labor yesterday on my due date. I woke up and had some bloody mucousy discharge. Then contractions starting coming every 10-15 minutes. They were only lasting about 30 seconds, but they were pretty uncomfortable. I let my midwife know...who was of course going off-call last night for a party. She said it sounded like early labor and that she was really bummed she was going to miss the birth. But...as the day went on, things tapered off. I still had contractions, but way to far apart to pay attention to.

Today I had a little brown tinged discharge, but no contractions so far. I was reading about mucous plugs, and got such different info as far as if "bloody show" and loosing your mucous plug are the same thing. Anyone know??

I was definitely ok with not having him yesterday. I really want MY midwife there, so it worked out, tomorrow we are touring a pre-school for DD so, I'm also ok with not going till after that, but then, I"M READY!!

March 10th, 2013, 02:21 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awe, I bet you go soon. I believe bloody show and losing your mucous plug are the same thing. Should be any time now!
March 10th, 2013, 02:42 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
When I was told the "difference" between bloody show and a mucous plug...I was told that you can lose bits of your mucous plug for weeks before baby comes along. But the blood (if it's red) comes from the cervix beginning to dilate and therefore is likely close to the start of labor (generally labor will start 72 hours from bloody show, according to the midwife I see).

I had bloody show with my first. It was accompanied by contractions that didn't let up and he was born about 60 hours after the bloody show happened. I do remember having periods of less contractions during those 60 hours though. I did not ever remember losing my mucous plug or seeing bloody show with my second. My water just broke.

It will be soon for you...I do believe
alittlelost likes this.

Super big thanks to Jaidynsmum for my cool siggy!
March 10th, 2013, 02:49 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope so! My family is driving me nuts with text messages asking if I'm in labor. I have no intention of telling anyone except dh, my mom and my dad when I'm in labor. Everyone else will be texted a pic of him. I wish they'd just leave me alone! Luckily mil is texting dh, not sure I could handle her right now!
alittlelost and Pinkapple like this.

Last edited by KtKuKi; March 10th, 2013 at 02:51 PM.
March 11th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Baby will be here so soon!!! Hang in there! Wishing you a wonderful birth!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search