Red Raspberry Leaf Tea?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2013, 02:50 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I hear about this everywhere now. And am interested. I have seen some cool articles on the benefits of it and was thinking I wanted to try it this time around. I am hoping it shortens my labor times...both boys were slow-progressing labors (which might just be my style, I don't know).

Where would I get it?

Is it in a bag or do I need to brew it myself (with one of those tea balls)?

When would be the best time to start it? I have read not to do it before 36 weeks. But then I know women who start at 30 weeks and still have late babies. Additionally, if baby is not here by 39 weeks, I will be induced...and therefore don't want to hold off as long as I might if I didn't have a "timeline." (I am being induced for a valid medical reason, something I don't plan to fight, but would like to avoid if possible).

Thanks for any insight!
March 10th, 2013, 03:42 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I could be wrong, but I've heard you can take it throughout your pregnancy. I buy it from a health foods store and it is in tea bags already. I think its just good for your uterus, I started drinking it at 35 weeks with DD and I went to 41 weeks, so I don't feel like it put me in labor.

March 11th, 2013, 06:30 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Cool, thanks! I just ordered some off Amazon (we have prime, so no shipping). We have a very small health store here and I rarely make it to that end of town.

I think I am going to start this weekend, after I hit 30 weeks. I don't think it makes women go into labor either, so I am not too concerned about that aspect. Thanks for the info
March 11th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm 32 weeks and thinking of starting some as well! Thanks for reminding me!

March 11th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
With my first pregnancy I started it around 12 weeks... I took it daily increasing the amount daily... I used it for the hypoglycemic benefits since I was claimed to have GD... My sugars were awesome my entire pregnancy...
March 11th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Pinkapple's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Skype™ to Pinkapple
I've been drinking RRL since about 36 weeks, when my midwife recommended it. Personally, I find it to be really tasy, moreso than some of my other teas. It's really great with honey.

I'm lucky in the fact that I found it at the grocery store in the organic section, and at a really great price. As far as labor goes, I haven't gone into labor yet and I drink about 6 cups a day
March 11th, 2013, 10:01 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I drank it my whole pregnancy last time and am doing it again. It helps to strengthen the uterus and shouldn't put you into labor. I love the taste and I found it at a local store.
March 12th, 2013, 05:39 AM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
I ordered mine off amazon. I actually started drinking it a few weeks before we ttc and we got pregnant the first month
I continued to drink it during the first and part of second tri but stopped when I started having contractions at 22 weeks. I just started drinking it again at 36 weeks and drink a few cups a day. Will continue until after baby is born.
Mine comes in bags. I pour boiling water over the bag in a cup, cover and let steep for 10 mins. Add a bit of honey or sugar and drink!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search