Cramps

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2013, 10:20 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
So, I know you ladies have much more experience than I. I'm wondering just how serious is cramping during pregnancy? I've been cramping almost daily, for most of the day, for a little over a week now. Maybe a week and a half. I can't say for sure if it's uterine cramping or my body catching up after constipation (tmi I know). It is low, below the belly button. I've been practically drowning in water because I'm sick and it doesn't seem to be making a difference. It seems to help if I soak in a warm bath. Also, I have been officially "dx'd" with an incompetent cervix. They wanted to put in a cerclage but it was too late; they gave me steroid shots. I don't know if any of that makes a difference or not.

I was going to ask my doctor about it on Thursday but I ended up not being able to see her. My next appointment is in two weeks. I'm not the call the doctor/ rush to the hospital type. I tend to let things go and see what comes of it. I am a little concerned though and not sure if I should call my doctor about it or not. Thoughts?

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
April 12th, 2013, 12:38 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I cramp the whole time during pregnancy. I had cramps so bad last time at 20 weeks and didn't know what contractions felt like so I went into the hospital to be checked out. Turns out I was fine and wasn't contracting, just in serious pain. They just told me to chug water all day. Ugh lol. I would say go with your gut. I know lack of water can cause cramping which was my issue. I just can't seem to drink enough. If your stomach is tightening and hardening with the cramping then for sure get it checked. If not, it could be normal cramping or irritable uterus (not sure the term).
April 12th, 2013, 01:44 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have had IC with my 3 previous pregnancy and never had a cerclage (risks outweighed benefits). With my daughter, it started at 28 weeks (Actual dilation--it was shortening before that), and I didn't have her until 35 weeks. Try to stay optimistic and it won't affect having a natural childbirth but if you have baby before 36-37 weeks might mean you have to have a hospital birth.
April 12th, 2013, 11:06 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Well I'm not in a great deal of pain, so I went with assuming things are ok. I'll see how it goes this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
I have had IC with my 3 previous pregnancy and never had a cerclage (risks outweighed benefits).
That's precisely where I'm at. The risk is too high and they said unless my waters start bulging before 32 weeks they don't want to attempt it. I can definitely understand where they're coming from and I'm glad they're keeping her safety in mind (vs just covering their butts). I trust them to make the right decisions. As far as a hospital birth, there are no other options here so I was stuck with that from the beginning. I just don't want her to be born unnecessarily early because I didn't call when I should have or something to that effect.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
April 13th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I cramped early on with #2, painful too.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search