Herniated Disk and Going Natural vs C Section

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2013, 09:23 AM
MandyMae833's Avatar Regular
My first came natural and I had an epi with no issues. My second they couldnt get the epi in and I was about to just go natural (it actually didnt hurt that bad I was surprised) and his heart rate dropped so they did an emergency c section.
I herniated a disk and bulged on in the L5 SI a couple months after birth.
We are TTC and I am at a loss for my future birth plan.
If I go natural is it more dangerous then just getting another c section? My back actually healed up really well and its only sore around O time. Im just worried the pushing will make it worse.
June 1st, 2013, 04:57 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I just had a herniated disc and went through PT for 8 weeks last September and October. I got pregnant in November and am now planning a natural birth again. So I don't know how it will go yet, but we shall see. My back doesn't bother me at all anymore, so I am hoping to make it through with no issues. I was worried that the pregnancy itself would be hard on my back, but at almost 32 weeks this has been a great pregnancy.

I wouldn't choose another section ( I have had two out of ten births) for the disc issue.
#12 is on the way
June 2nd, 2013, 07:30 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
I don't have any personal experience, but unless you mean "natural" as in vaginal, and you are still planning on getting the epi. I don't see any reasons natural (unmediated) labor and birth would be any more dangerous than a c-section... Have you been told it would be dangerous?

June 4th, 2013, 10:29 AM
MandyMae833's Avatar Regular
I have read mixed reviews. Some say that doctors wont even allow epis depending on the location which I think mine is still low and they also wont allow you to push because it could cause more damage while others said they were fine but had more back pain afterwards.
June 10th, 2013, 05:42 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
Your options really depend on the location. I would consult with an anesthesiologist. I've attended many drug-free births with mamas with herniated disks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search