July Check-In!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ChicaChels
  • 1 Post By KtKuKi
  • 1 Post By Memi
  • 1 Post By mommy2skyty

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2013, 01:13 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
I can't believe it's July already! For our US mamas, did you do anything special to celebrate the 4th?

Check in with us and let us know how you're doing!

What's your name?
Where are you from?
Kids ages and names?
What's been up this past month?
What are you looking forward to in July?

Preggers Check in:

EDD:
Gender if known:
Baby name if known:
Planning to birth at home, hospital, or birth center:
How are you feeling?
Anything exciting or that concerns you lately?
Share a recent belly pic if you have one!

July 6th, 2013, 10:45 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had a great 3rd/4th/5th on the 3rd, we took Brylie & Hunter to the college home run derby and following that they had the biggest fireworks display in Omaha. the kids LOVED it and did awesome.

on the 4th we went to a parade in the morning, then they have a little carnival/cookout afterward...we came home and took a nap then, we went to a town picnic in a town about 10 minutes away from us and had boasted chicken, then the kids played on the bounce houses/slides and did some games. my in laws, my brother in law and his girlfriend were home so it was really nice to spend time with my BIL & his gf, then we went to my in laws neighbor's house and they shot off some fireworks. the kids were pretty tired, since they were up until midnight the night before and did didnt leave the church picnic until about 1030....

yesterday we spent most of the day at my in laws....we swam, the kids rode their bikes, etc..it was super fun

What's your name? Chelsea
Where are you from? im FROM the beautiful state of Nebraska, but trapped in iowa
Kids ages and names? Brylie (she will be 4 in August) and Hunter just turned 2 in May
What's been up this past month? preparing to take my NCLEX this friday...eek
What are you looking forward to in July? not a lot really, july we usually just try to stay close to home..we might make a day trip up to the lake and rent a boat for a day or something, but hubbs is usually pretty busy in july

Preggers Check in:

EDD: 12/4
Gender if known: it's another little boy
Baby name if known: Maverick Jude
Planning to birth at home, hospital, or birth center: hospital
How are you feeling? great!
Anything exciting or that concerns you lately? not at all
Share a recent belly pic if you have one! I have been slacking! I havent taken one...I will do that this week, but here are some 4th of july weekend pics

waiting to go in to the homerun derby

parachuters before the derby..the kids thought this was the coolest thing in the world

you cant go to a baseball game and not get hotdogs, ice cream and popcorn..right?

GranolaMamaOf3 likes this.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
July 6th, 2013, 12:16 PM
I can't believe it's July already! For our US mamas, did you do anything special to celebrate the 4th?
Well my day started around 3am with a nice round of false labor. Contractions came every 5-7 minutes for almost 3 hours. I got up and drank 2 glasses of water, changed positions multiple times, finally took a shower, and just as I was about to start calling people to give them a heads up, they died down. so I was pretty waisted the rest of the day. We were supposed to go to a parade in the morning, but it has been raining non-stop for days now! So that and the evening fireworks were postponed until next weekend (I wasn't too dissapointed to be able to go back to bed ). We did get to go over to a friends house for a (moved indoors) BBQ. So much yummy food!

What's your name? Heather
Where are you from? FL. Settled in GA
Kids ages and names? Bryce - 4. Conlan - 2.5
What's been up this past month? Nesting like crazy!
What are you looking forward to in July? *Hopefully* a BIRTHday!!

Preggers Check in:

EDD: July 23rd
Gender if known: Girl
Baby name if known: Serenity Grace
Planning to birth at home, hospital, or birth center: Home
How are you feeling? Hormonal I really can't complain though, I've been really good so far!
Anything exciting or that concerns you lately? Not really.
Share a recent belly pic if you have one! PB is acting up again and wont let me share the photo, so here's a direct link - 37 weeks! http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/o...g?t=1373056130

July 6th, 2013, 02:38 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What's your name? Melissa
Where are you from? California
Kids ages and names? Claire 16 months
What's been up this past month? This summer has been a whirlwind. We found out a few weeks ago that my husband was selected for a transfer to West Virginia. This is bittersweet because we are from the East coast and want to move back closer to family but at the same time we don't want to move to WV and we were thinking it would be at least a year before we moved. So now it looks like he will have to report in September. We get a ten day house hunting trip that will have to happen later this month and then we have a vacation planned in San Diego at the beginning of August. As soon as we get back from that we will have to start moving. So life will be busy!
What are you looking forward to in July? Nothing really, lol! I guess seeing our new town and hopefully finding a house to rent will be exciting but I'm so afraid I'll be disappointed by it all.

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

July 6th, 2013, 07:16 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
What's your name? Ashlee
Where are you from? Maryland beaches
Kids ages and names? Liam (3.5), Kieran (21mo), Josephine (8 weeks)
What's been up this past month? Fun stuff! Swimming, playing outside, baby-bonding, visiting
What are you looking forward to in July? Beach time! And sunshine! And we did our annual 4th gathering this week with the whole fam. It was great!
July 6th, 2013, 08:36 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel like I just filled out the check in from June!!

We just got back from Michigan to visit DH's family for the 4th. We went to a parade, then a carnival, then bbq, and ended the night with fireworks. Overall it was a good visit, but the 12 hour ride out there, and 9 hour drive back were pretty miserable. Also DH's family is weird about me breastfeeding, so every time I fed Cooper I had to go in the bedroom. Honestly though, I didn't mind...I snuck in a little nap several times!

What's your name? Kaite
Where are you from? St. Louis
Kids ages and names? Maddie 3, Cooper almost 4 months
What's been up this past month? We went to see Shrek the Musical, and the weather was amazing. It had been 100 the week before, and the night of the play it was 65! Couldn't have asked for a better night.
What are you looking forward to in July? My sister will be having my niece on the 18th. I can't wait to see my giant 18 lb baby next to a newborn!

July 7th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For our US mamas, did you do anything special to celebrate the 4th?
We went to Nashville for the weekend to visit friends.

What's your name? Megan
Where are you from? Georgia
Kids ages and names? Gabriel - 2 1/2 & Roman - 8 weeks
What's been up this past month? Adjusting to life with a new baby, celebrating our 4 year wedding anniversary and potty training
What are you looking forward to in July? My parents closing on their new beach condo and my last month of maternity leave

July 8th, 2013, 11:02 AM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
What's your name? Kelly
Where are you from? Northern California
Kids ages and names? Skyla 5, Ty will be 4 in September
What's been up this past month? just busy with kids activities
What are you looking forward to in July? swimming and getting closer to August!

Preggers Check in:

EDD: August 22nd but I think he will come earlier
Gender if known: boy
Baby name if known: keeping that a secret
Planning to birth at home, hospital, or birth center: natural birth at our hospital
How are you feeling? pretty good
Anything exciting or that concerns you lately? just feeling this active little guy and hoping he is head down!
Share a recent belly pic if you have one! sure I just took one yesterday! 33 weeks pregnant!

005 by mommy2skyty, on Flickr

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

My kids are growing up soo fast!
July 8th, 2013, 12:58 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What's your name? Em
Where are you from? where I live
Kids ages and names? layla, 7. Eva, 4. Zeke 2
What's been up this past month? so much summer fun!
What are you looking forward to in July? lots! my sister coming home.. more beach fun.. carnival.. cook outs.. etc..

Preggers Check in:

EDD: july 24
Gender if known: team green
Baby name if known: Jonah or fiona
Planning to birth at home, hospital, or birth center: natural at the hospital
How are you feeling? tired..
Anything exciting or that concerns you lately? nah
Share a recent belly pic if you have one! I have some..but not on photo bucket

July 8th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Pinkapple's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Skype™ to Pinkapple
What's your name? Bridgette~
Where are you from?Douglasville, GA
Kids ages and names?Ryker, will be 4 months on the 15th
What's been up this past month? Mostly spending time with family. I started talking to my biological father after not hearing from him for 14 years. Getting to know family that I never had a chance to get close to. Coincidentally, my great grandmother from his side had a stroke and passed on the 3rd. I am very sad, as I have many fond memories of her, but I'm so happy I got to see her again before her passing. As a bonus, she got to meet Ryker, who is her first great-great grandson.
What are you looking forward to in July?Honestly, here in GA there hasn't been much to look forward to. It's rained for about a week straight now and things have been gloomy, to say the least. However, Ryker is becoming more and more active every day, and that is certainly exciting.
July 9th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissusF View Post
What's been up this past month? This summer has been a whirlwind. We found out a few weeks ago that my husband was selected for a transfer to West Virginia. This is bittersweet because we are from the East coast and want to move back closer to family but at the same time we don't want to move to WV and we were thinking it would be at least a year before we moved. So now it looks like he will have to report in September. We get a ten day house hunting trip that will have to happen later this month and then we have a vacation planned in San Diego at the beginning of August. As soon as we get back from that we will have to start moving. So life will be busy!
What are you looking forward to in July? Nothing really, lol! I guess seeing our new town and hopefully finding a house to rent will be exciting but I'm so afraid I'll be disappointed by it all.
I'm not sure where you will be located, but Charlestown is a pretty area! and has a fabulous group of home-birth midwives (I used her with my second birth while living in PA ) Good luck on the move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KtKuKi View Post
I feel like I just filled out the check in from June!!

We just got back from Michigan to visit DH's family for the 4th. We went to a parade, then a carnival, then bbq, and ended the night with fireworks. Overall it was a good visit, but the 12 hour ride out there, and 9 hour drive back were pretty miserable. Also DH's family is weird about me breastfeeding, so every time I fed Cooper I had to go in the bedroom. Honestly though, I didn't mind...I snuck in a little nap several times!

What's your name? Kaite
Where are you from? St. Louis
Kids ages and names? Maddie 3, Cooper almost 4 months
What's been up this past month? We went to see Shrek the Musical, and the weather was amazing. It had been 100 the week before, and the night of the play it was 65! Couldn't have asked for a better night.
What are you looking forward to in July? My sister will be having my niece on the 18th. I can't wait to see my giant 18 lb baby next to a newborn!
I'm an introvert, and as much as I am a HUGE advocate of breastfeeding in public, there are times (usually during large family gatherings) that I really enjoy the excuse to hide out for a bit in a quiet room with just me and my baby

And 18lbs!! Way to grow little man! and great job mama!

July 9th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkapple View Post
What's your name? Bridgette~
Where are you from?Douglasville, GA
Kids ages and names?Ryker, will be 4 months on the 15th
What's been up this past month? Mostly spending time with family. I started talking to my biological father after not hearing from him for 14 years. Getting to know family that I never had a chance to get close to. Coincidentally, my great grandmother from his side had a stroke and passed on the 3rd. I am very sad, as I have many fond memories of her, but I'm so happy I got to see her again before her passing. As a bonus, she got to meet Ryker, who is her first great-great grandson.
What are you looking forward to in July?Honestly, here in GA there hasn't been much to look forward to. It's rained for about a week straight now and things have been gloomy, to say the least. However, Ryker is becoming more and more active every day, and that is certainly exciting.
I did not realize you live in Douglasville (I was thinking you lived further east)! I live in the Carrollton area, but my DH works for Douglas county fire dept as a paramedic Small world!

July 11th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Calendula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For our US mamas, did you do anything special to celebrate the 4th? It was pretty low-key. Family, fireworks, and good food.

What's your name? Jess.
Where are you from? California.
Kids ages and names? Beatrix, almost 3, and Friedrich, 2 months.
What's been up this past month? Enjoying my new baby.
What are you looking forward to in July? DH has a birthday coming up, I'm trying to come up with something fun.

July 11th, 2013, 10:37 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For our US mamas, did you do anything special to celebrate the 4th? I don't think I did... I can't really remember, I probably cleaned that day or painted the baby's room. We're still getting the house settled.

What's your name? Danee
Where are you from? Louisiana and currently in SoCal
Kids ages and names? Mason, 16 months
What's been up this past month? Getting settled into our home, lots of painting and hunny do lists = )
What are you looking forward to in July? Pool time, we've been there almost everyday that it's sunny out.

Preggers Check in:

EDD: Oct 23rd
Gender if known: Blue
Planning to birth at home, hospital, or birth center: Birth center
How are you feeling? Good overall, my ankles are swelling a lot now so I have to take breaks to prop them up.
Anything exciting or that concerns you lately? I feel like I won't be ready for this kid when he comes! We've painted his room, bought 4 CDs, ordered his carseat that's backordered, but that's it lol. We are reusing a lot of things but I still fill so behind.
Share a recent belly pic if you have one!

25w1d

He's super low and super huge! I cannot imagine how big I'll be at 40 weeks. Gah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissusF View Post
You're coming to San Diego???? Message me on FB! Actually I will if I don't forget lol.
July 11th, 2013, 10:55 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Gender if known: Human
Planning to birth at home, hospital, or birth center: Hospital (boo)
How are you feeling? Great physically
Anything exciting or that concerns you lately? Not baby wise
Share a recent belly pic if you have one! I'm too lazy right now

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search