We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
My husband and I will start TTC soon, so I've started looking for a fantastic OB/GYN in the Baltimore County area...and I'm completely overwhelmed! The GYN that I currently go to does not do OB, so I won't be able to stay where I am :-(. I'm new here, so I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I'm hoping to find some recommendations from others in the area.
Anyway, here are the qualities I'm looking for:
- No preference on male/female doctor
- Affiliated with GBMC or St. Joe's
- Natural birth with as little intervention as possible
- Open to alternative birth practices (hypno-birthing, Bradley Method, birthing ball etc.)
- Will allow me to move around during labor
- Will be open to working with a doula (that my husband and I will hire)
- Very reassuring/compassionate doctor; great bedside manner; will take the time to talk to me - I'm a worrier, and have anxiety problems. So someone who is reassuring and doesn't freak me out about every little thing is a must.
- Will be accepting (and won't refuse me as a patient) if there are some tests that I refuse during pregnancy.
Does anyone have any recommendations for an OB in the Baltimore County area who would fit that description?? We would also be open to using a midwife. I've started looking around at reviews online, and some of them are downright scary - i.e. a doctor that one person raves about has terrible reviews on other sites. So I really don't know where to start :-/. Any help that all of you can provide will be GREATLY appreciated, and I will be forever grateful!
We live in the area. Or we did. But I will say, without trying to freak you out...there is not a ton of natural in either GBMC or st. Joes. Not impossible, but very difficult to get all that you are looking for in those hospitals.
However, if you are willing to drive a bit...Special Beginnings Birth Center gets rave reviews. They are in Annapolis. Four midwives, a stand-alone birth center (option), and water births in the hospital. Many of my friends go there (we see a different practice for various reasons). I think it might be worth you checking out. It's prolly 30 minutes from you.