I had my baby boy!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By mommy2skyty

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2013, 03:42 PM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
I had my baby boy this Saturday and had an amazing all natural birth! Quinn Kayden was born at 1:10 am, weighing 7 lbs, 7 ounces, and 19.5 inches long with lots of brown hair!

I started having contractions around 4 pm on Friday afternoon so we decided to drive to the city where our hospital was located and drop off our kids at grandma's house. The contractions were still 10 minutes apart so we decided to go to dinner and walk around as much as possible before going to the hospital. Once I got to the hospital my contractions were about 7-8 minutes apart and was dilated to a 5. I was admitted and once I got to my room I decided that the best plan of action was to walk around as much as possible and that is what I did! I walked around the hospital with my husband and when I got a contraction I took a break and then kept on walking and then it became obvious that all this walking was really making my labor progress because they were coming 2-3 minutes apart! The nurse said I could get into the shower so that is what I did and then they started coming 1 minute apart and I started feeling the urge to push big time! At this time my water still had not broken so I decided to lay on the bed only long enough to get checked and I was 8 cm and then all of a sudden my water broke with a huge gush! Amazingly my body quickly progressed from 8-10 with my water breaking and my baby's head was right there and I was ready to push! I watched the whole thing in a mirror and I remember thinking ok now I remember this was going to be the hardest and most painful part, but that I had to push through! The urge to push was amazing and it felt soo good to push with each contraction but I must admit I screamed because the ring of fire is not joke! My midwife and everyone else was cheering me on telling me how great I was doing and it only took about 4-5 big pushes and my son son's head was out and quickly after his body was out and on me! It was an amazing feeling that I again gave birth naturally and that my son was healthy and we did skin to skin for more than a hour before they took him to get weighed and measured. The only bummer was that I did tear again in the same place as I did with my first 2 children, but the midwife did a good job stitching me up with minimal amount of pain. Other than the pain of tearing I felt great afterward and had a great recovery and was up and walking in no time

Here are some pictures!

My last pregnancy picture!

005 by mommy2skyty, on Flickr

125 by mommy2skyty, on Flickr

184 by mommy2skyty, on Flickr

217 by mommy2skyty, on Flickr

230 by mommy2skyty, on Flickr

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

August 20th, 2013, 07:09 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! Sounds like an amazing labor.
August 20th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
He is so cute! Congrats on a natural labor and healthy baby!
August 22nd, 2013, 04:50 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Sounds like you did great Good job mama!

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
August 26th, 2013, 10:23 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Congrats!! What a great birth! I know exactly what you mean about pushing - the burn was intense, but the rest of my body felt so good to push!

Look at those eyes!! All 3 of your children have gorgeous eyes!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search