HI - Can I join? :D

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By daneeleigh

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2013, 08:18 AM
AIK112018's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was posting in the Homebirth forum - but its not really that busy there.
Can I join you? I am planning on having a natural home waterbirth very shortly... and would like to be a part of a group who feels as strongly about natural childbirth as i do.

I have been researching it a lot and have gone over it for the past year or so and I am strongly considering becoming a birth doula and eventually a midwife after my Daughter is born.

So heres some background on me...
My Name is Elizabeth. I am due with my fifth child this month.
My first child was born prematurely at the hospital at 23 weeks with Triploidy XXY and did not survive.
My second child was born at 39 weeks in the hospital with an epidural. I had gone into labor naturally.
My third child was induced at 39 weeks due to an infected tooth that concerned the dr about affecting him. No pain medication with him.
My fourth pregnancy ended in a m/c but I still include him/her in how many children I have.

The experience in labor that I had with my last child completely traumatized me and has influenced my decision to do things much differently this time around. I am very hopeful it will all work out wonderfully. But I am prepared for that to change as well....

Any thoughts/opinion/advice for me?
September 2nd, 2013, 01:45 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I recommend a doula and a midwife you trust and love. What birth plans do you have set already?
AIK112018 likes this.
September 3rd, 2013, 08:51 AM
AIK112018's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a midwife already that I absolutely love No doula for the homebirth but if we end up having a hospital birth for any reason my midwife would then transfer over as our doula.

Plans for birth, (sorry if its all jumbled... gave my mw my birth plan to look over so thinking of this at the top of my head)

once I know I am in labor first thing I will do is call support people to arrange their times to come. bring down my birth kit that is currently in the babies room to our dining room. Blow up birth pool and then go for a walk with DH while my mother fills the pool.... eat and drink as i please, move around as i please... I will be attempting to listen to my hypnobabies track but i am unsure if i will have the patience for it lol.
Delayed cord clamping. no eye gel but i am unsure about other procedures... if anyone has any opinions on those i am open to hearing your thoughts.

is there anything specific you wanted to know about my birth plan? is there anything i have forgotten? My mind is all over the place lately no sleep I feel like I will be going into labor very soon...
September 3rd, 2013, 01:20 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like you're ready to go. I couldn't tell from your intro if you were looking for info on homebirth or if you're already set and planning one.
September 3rd, 2013, 09:57 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
It is great do see someone else joining Welcome! I really hope you get the birth you want. I soooo wanted a home birth! You've found a great place for support and information. Good luck!

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search