When did your water break?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2006, 04:49 PM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
when did your water break during your labor?
I have heard that having your waters intact throughout your labor makes for an easier labor. I'm not sure how true it is. With both my boys my water didn't break till the pushing stage and they were easy labors but I had my water broke with both my girls and Ashlie's was tough but KAe's wasn't that bad.
August 1st, 2006, 04:57 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With DS the dr broke it when I was around 5-6cm. Boy was that a mess.

With DD it started leaking on its own when I was 4cm but it fully emptied when the dr checked me. She was born 45 mins later. I remember she had kicked me during a contraction after my water broke. Because there was nothing to cushion the kick it hurt SOOOO bad. I screamed so loud. I think I scared the girl next to me who was there getting ready for her c-sec.

August 1st, 2006, 05:34 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had been in the early stages of labor for about 24 hours when I suddenly felt like I had to pee really badly. I ran to the toilet and while I was sitting there I felt a small gush. I was probably around 2-3 cm at that point. I didn't think it was my water breaking until I realized that everytime I had a contrax and leaned up against the wall for support I left a small puddle. Then I remembered the gush and realized that my water had broken. I stayed home for about 6 more hours before heading to the hospital where they confirmed that my water had broken. 11 hours after arriving at the hospital he was born (17 hours after my water broke).

I had horrid back labor and I think one of the reasons that Zack didn't turn was because I was laboring dry so he didn't have any wiggle room.

August 1st, 2006, 05:46 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Doctor broke my water with Ani. With both boys it broke when they entered the birth canal. They were both born a few minutes later. I prefer laboring with the water intact.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

August 1st, 2006, 06:49 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine broke while I was sleeping. Contractions started about and hour later and we left for the hospital. His head stopped it up though because it broke up high so the dr. broke it again when I was about 8 cm or so. He was born 45 minutes later. I had a pretty fast labor (for a first timer), it was 6 1/2 hours from the time my water broke til he was born, and I loved every minute of it! I wouldn't say it was hard or painful at all.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

August 1st, 2006, 06:50 PM
Veteran
Mine broke right before transition. I delivered about 2 hrs later. I just felt a small gush, then with every contraction a little more leaked..

August 1st, 2006, 07:10 PM
Bakerybrat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My water broke roughly 72 hours before I went into labor. Strange enough, I was in child birth class when it happened. I was leaning forward in my seat, felt a trickle, thought I had peed myself again, stood up and gooosh. Luckily I had educated myself and didn't panic.

August 1st, 2006, 11:22 PM
chlodoll
mine was broken when i was at 4 centimeteres. ugh would definetly like to avoid that next time if possible!
August 8th, 2006, 03:07 PM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
When I was having DD, I wouldnt dilate, so they ruptured the membranes. I started hard labor after that and I immediately started dilating. I had her within 6 hours of that. Who knows how long I would have been in labor without dilating if they hadnt. I had already been in the hospital for 16 hours having contractions every two minutes and I had only dilated to a two! It may not be the answer for everyone, but it definitely was for me!

</div>
August 8th, 2006, 10:41 PM
UndaCovaSis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was 9 cm, laying onn my little birth pallet on the living room floor. My midwife was telling me to invision my water breaking and 2 contractionns later it did.

So Crunchy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search