Intradermal Water Blocks

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2006, 07:17 PM
Bakerybrat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was just wondering what you ladies thought of using Intradermal Water Blocks to relieve the pain of back labor. We discussed this briefly in childbirth class but it wasn't offered at my hospital.
Intradermal Water Block

August 2nd, 2006, 06:47 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I couldnt access it but Ive never heard of it before.. curious to see what others think!

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
August 2nd, 2006, 09:43 AM
Shannie
I have never heard of it.

Here is an article on it for those who cannot view the OPs link.

Intradermal Water Blocks

Intradermal Water Blocks
"Intradermal water blocks or sterile water blocks are tiny injections of sterile water injected into the top layer of skin. The injections are given in exact locations on the back. These injections contain no medicine, but they generally relieve back pain for about an hour. This procedure only works for back labor, not for pain and pressure associated with contractions.

There are no side effects to this procedure, other than stinging at the site of injection for about 30 seconds. This is a relatively new form of pain relief and is not performed in all hospitals. This procedure is very popular for women hoping for a natural childbirth who need a little bit of help with back labor. "
August 2nd, 2006, 10:38 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
That sounds kind of freaky to me. I don't think I'd want it. I had terrible back labor with Fritz. I had Jamie pushing on my back so hard I ended up with a huge bruise. I dealt with it by having Jamie push on the spot, a heating pad (worked wonders), and getting in the shower. I really don't think I'd want someone injecting water into my back.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

August 2nd, 2006, 01:49 PM
Bakerybrat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Shannie! Sorry about the link. I was going to fix it last night and my computer died.

Luckily I didn't have much back labor, or labor for that matter, when I had Lauren. It did look a little freaky on the video. I don't really understand how it would work but I wanted some opinions.

August 2nd, 2006, 02:32 PM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know a lot about it.I have heard very good things from moms who use it. Isn't it also called points or something like that?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search