How to spend your time in early labor?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Keakie
  • 1 Post By Earthy.Mama
  • 1 Post By daneeleigh
  • 3 Post By Alison79
  • 1 Post By PinkHurricane

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2013, 05:22 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
For some early labor can last for days. For others it's only a few hours. What did you do to pass the time in early labor?

November 15th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I don't know if it counts because I didn't believe I was really in labor until transition hit, but I watched a movie with dh, had a snack and a glass of wine, chatted with some JM friends and then got into a bath when things started picking up and I thought *maybe* it could be real labor.
therevslady and LittleVera like this.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
November 15th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
With Kailey it dawned on me around 4pm when my SIL came in the front door for a visit and asked how I was that I was having regular contractions all morning (and I lost my MP that morning too). I naturally assumed my labor would become active whenever it was ready so just kept on doing my own thing. I sat on JM, cooked, ate, sat on birth bath, watched COPS with DH. Kinda got intense around 12 or 2am, can't remember. At 5amish I thought water broke, got in the bath and called MW.

Family came over and we all just chilled and watched tv.

With Nola I had prodromal labor for 2 days off and on for hours and they were really strong. I slept, called into work, cooked, cleaned the heck out of Kailey's room and finally mopped the kitchen floor around 5pm I think on 3.19.2009 and then they started coming annoyingly again so I laid on the couch until active labor at 10 or 12, can't remember.
therevslady likes this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

November 17th, 2013, 12:03 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had about 12 hours of early labor this past time. Me and my hubby just enjoyed our time together. We sent our first son off to the sitters pretty early so we had time to relax before the fun started. We took a walk, watched tv, I took a bath and hubby sat next to me. It was honestly a nice peaceful time of labor that we didn't get last time. My water broke with the first and contractions immediately took off so it was not enjoyable.
therevslady likes this.
November 18th, 2013, 09:00 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Early labor was honestly the most stressful part of my labor. My water broke at 3 am and thankfully my MW told me to go back to sleep for a few hours I had to head over to the BC at 8am because they're overseen by an OB group that follows "the rules". Once the MW confirmed my fluids were clear and I was having regular (but weak and infrequent) contractions she sent me out for a walk. We jaunted down to Starbucks for a coffee for DH and a parfait for me. Since I was on that **** clock I walked A LOT. I did laps around the grounds of the BC. I entered active labor around 4 pm and was SO happy because it meant I could finally lay the hell down. I'm really hoping this labor doesn't start with SROM so I can be chilling through early labor. I might also just fib a little about when my waters broke so that I don't have to deal with that crap again. I was just SO excited when my water broke I immediately called the MW.

November 20th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like to be out of the house during early labor. We usually go to Target or the outdoor mall and walk around. One time we went to the grocery store to get last minute food for the birth team. I love that excitement of early labor.

November 21st, 2013, 06:12 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I was induced with my first two. Although, I had weeks worth of early labor in my second pregnancy. I spent early labor grocery shopping and running errands with my third. And I spent early labor with my third alone in my room. I don't know why I didn't leave. I had a lot of anxiety that pregnancy and just wanted to be alone.

November 28th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I've never really had early labor. My first two I went straight into active labor. Third I did have prodromal labor, so I guess that could be considered early labor, but I just went about my normal life. Fourth there was no labor period.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

November 29th, 2013, 08:13 AM
PinkHurricane's Avatar Super Mommy
This is my first pregnancy so I enjoy reading about everyone's experiences! We plan to do a natural childbirth at a hospital and I want to be able to labor at home as long as I can before we go in!
laleighpop likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search