New Here :)

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2014, 10:42 PM
RayneElizabeth's Avatar Regular
Hello Mamas! I am a biological mom to one DS and a un-biological mom to one DD.

I was a single 17 yr old when I had DS. I had him all naturally in a hospital. (I was in the June 2010 DDC under the username Hey There Elizabeth).

I am married now, and pregnant with DS2 or DD2!!!! Just found out. Approx. 5weeks. My EDD based on LMP is 9/16 give or take a few days.

I DESPERATELY WANT A HOMEBIRTH.

I live near Greenville, OH. I cannot find a midwife for homebirth any closer than Columbus...(2.5 hours away...)

I am growing so hopeless...(I began my search WAY before I TTC)

Please help if you can....if you can even point me in the direction of a nearby mama I could talk to...greatly appreciated...

I'm exhausting every option before I settle....I am half tempted to go unassisted if I have to...but I would rather not...

I tried the homebirth thread...mod asked if I googled it.... why did i not think of that...

I live in TINY town. We are not even on a map really...which is why I said NEAR greenville, OH. LOL

January 14th, 2014, 03:56 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
ETA: There are lots of women who choose MWs 2-3hrs away for their birth so it's not totally unheard of, but it all depends on your comfort level and how fast you birth I might be switching MWs to one that is 2hrs away and I feel ok with that b/c I'm very hands-off this pregnancy/birth, I just want MW there as backup.

2.5hrs away
Homebirth Certified Professional Midwife - D. Livery Services - Jackson, OH

45min away
Heart2HeartBirthMatters.com - About Me

Look at this list:
Ohio

Also, you can contact a doula and I'm sure they'd have some recommendations

Congratz and good luck!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 14th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Regular
Find a Midwife or Find Midwives - Mothers Naturally

The first one listed looks like it's about 90 minutes from you. I don't think that's too far. I live over an hour from the hospital and was able to get there in plenty of time.

Also I would contact doulas near you - they may know of other midwives in the area.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search