Baby born en-caul? ... Extra protein?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Veteran
Just wondering anyone who has had baby born en-caul (or nearly) did you consume extra protein when pregnant/extra vitamin c/red raspberry leaf tea or nettle tea? I have read these things can help to have a strong sac. Does anyone else have info on this?

ThankYou
March 5th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Very interesting! I have no experience with this but I will have to look into it! Ive heard of babies being born en caul but I also hear its pretty uncommon or almost "rare."

March 5th, 2014, 03:56 PM
Calendula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is interesting... both times my MWs put me on a very high protein diet. With my daughter, she was not born en caul, but I had an extra 'fore-sac' of amniotic fluid, so my water broke on it's own, and then the second sac I eventually let them hook literally seconds before I began pushing.My son came a lot faster, and he was born totally en caul (but not with an additional caul cap, just born completely in his intact sac). I didn't get to check it out because it was full of meconium so they broke it quickly once he was out.

eta: I also tried to get lots of vitamin c rich foods to help with iron absorption, but neither of the teas for me.

March 9th, 2014, 07:35 AM
pr1madona's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Interesting. I've never had a baby born in the caul, but I have very strong sacs. They always have to be broken towards the end because the hold up the last couple cm of dilating. I think it would be cool to have a baby born in the caul. I eat lots of protein, have vit C foods, and also drink rasp leaf tea.

March 27th, 2014, 03:26 PM
Super Mommy
When I had twins baby B was born en-caul. I was trying to eat a high protein diet, but I am not sure how well I did... This was the diet I followed or tried to follow. Twin Brewer Pregnancy Diet

April 28th, 2014, 08:06 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dont have any personal experience but my doula had her second child en-caul and she was eating high protein following the brewer diet.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

April 28th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Of my three, two started with the breaking of membranes. I had a very high protein diet with all three, highest with the third. High vit C with the second and third, and I drank NORA tea throughout my pregnancy with my third. My second came closest to being born en-caul and his broke within a couple of minutes of him being born, but I'm not sure when. I just know it was before he was born.
May 18th, 2014, 06:29 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've had 8 baby's, one born en caul. None of my pregnancy's resulted in my water breaking on its own, had to be broke for me at 9-10cm dilated. My baby born en caul was my 5th, she was induced and I bled heavely when in labor, so no one knew when or if my waters had come out. U/S during labor showed no fluid, but nurses said I did not break at the hospital. I had one incodent where I thought I pee'd my pants horribley at 36wks, and that could of been when I lost it. I didn't think it realy meant anything, just the sac still surrounding her. Now that I think about it, I have always eaten a high protein diet. I love meat, and greens. Nothing else extra in my diet though, I think some women just retain the protein naturally.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search