Hi everyone!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Veteran
I've been hanging out in the April DDC, but thought I would venture out and get to know people in the rest of the board!
My name is Carolyn and I am 5 weeks pregnant with my second child. I have a 20 month old DD.
I had a horrible experience delivering my DD and I want to do things different this time! I had an epidural with her and to this day I still get little twinges in my back. So this time I want to go natural! I think I can do it! I am pretty sure that I could have done it last time, but they pressured me into it because the Dr was there and he had to go to a C-section and they figured I might as well get one while I could. Anyway, I want to have this baby natural! I will be delivering at a different hospital this time for sure! My last hospital didn't want me out of bed and walking around, plus they gave me Pitocin before I had been there even an hour!
Can anyone suggest some reading material or give suggestions about how to prepare for a natural birth?
Thanks!
Cadence~ 1/11/2007 2lbs 3ozs 13"

August 6th, 2006, 06:11 PM
wonderfullymade's Avatar Doula & MW Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to wonderfullymade
Hey Carolyn - glad to have you here. There have been great threads on reading material and ideas on how to prepare for natural birth. Mostly, it is about education, learning to trust your body and the process, and as a result of those two things, being able to relax through the contractions so that you don't fight them.

I recommend reading:
"The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth"
Ina May's "Guide To Childbirth"
and
"Natural Childbirth The Bradley Way"

There are TONS of great books out there, but that is a good place to start IMO. Also, if you are interested in looking into studying a particular method of childbirth, look here for some ideas.

Peruse the board, check in on other's threads, and WELCOME and CONGRATS!

Bellies & Babies Blogger
August 6th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Regular
I'm new here, too. But since you asked about books, I have to mention "Active Birth" by Janet Balaskas. It's really good.
August 7th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
hey mama!!

congrats to you~

it is sooo good that you are approaching your 2nd this way and so possitivley. you have lots of time to prepare and empower yourself.

the books mentioned above are great... but dont stop there. try to look at as many books on natural childbirth as you can. but i would stay away from the conventional books. they are geared for a fear based audience.. and wont do much for you~

best of luck to you, and i am excited to hear your progress

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search