Anyone have the baby turn after 32 weeks?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Veteran
HI Momma's!
I have to get regular U/S's because my little bruiser is HUGE! At my last U/S he was not only almost 2 lbs bigger than what he should be, he was also breech! I have checked out spinning babies.. was just wondering if any you gals had a baby turn this late in the pregnancy!

August 13th, 2006, 06:33 PM
wonderfullymade's Avatar Doula & MW Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to wonderfullymade
My second (posterior even in birth) turned from posterior breech to posterior vertex around 34/35 weeks. My second twin turned from breech to vertex while I was in labor with them. Around 3% of breech babies turn DURING labor. There is hope!

Bellies & Babies Blogger
August 13th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Ukmum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Ukmum
My 1st born turned during labour

m/c 86, May 04, July 04, m/c Sep 04

http://www.facebook.com/Ukmum
August 13th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Veteran
Thanks for the advice!
You guys are saying they turned DURING labor? Where were you allowed to acutally LABOR with a breech baby? I didn't realize there were many OB's, Midwives or anyone who let you do a vaginal with a breech baby? Or were they un-assisted home births? Wow, if it's pretty common to turn DURING labor, I'll talk to my OB about that! huh? Ya learn somthin' every day! THANKS MaMa's!!!

August 13th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My first turned between 35/36 weeks, C-section was never even mentioned & now looking back I am really glad that it wasn't. I think that my 2nd turned at around 32/33 weeks, third went head down at 30 weeks & the last before 30 weeks.]
My best friend has 5 children & her 3rd went from vertex to breech at 38 weeks, she went in to get checked out at 39 weeks & he was back head down. He was also nearly 9lb, so they really can turn at any stage :wink

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
August 14th, 2006, 07:51 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A lot of babies turn in those last weeks, and a good deal of them turn during labor even
It really depends on your OB/MW how they will handle a breech baby. Studies show that for certain breech positions the risk is no higher than a normal vaginal birth with a non-breech baby.

However, of course, there are a few breech positions which can cause more complications. THough its not impossible, it can make things a little more difficult & pose different risks. THe problem is - a lot of OBs werent taught how to deliver breech babies, and if theyve never done it, werent taught how, or arent comfortable with it, theyll often do a cesarean just b/c of that, nevermind that its no riskier. (I suppose the fact that the dr has no experience might change the perception of "risk" though lol).

Heres an article I found: http://www.birthchoice.info/index_files/breech.htm

Do some studying on it, research your options.

With clients of mine who face a similar situation - I always refer them to chiropractic care iwth a chiro who is experienced with the webster technique & pregnant women. It has a pretty high success rate, no risks, and isnt painful. I suggest giving that a go if youre already following the suggestions from spinningbabies!

Good luck! BTW - keep in mind that the error margin for 3rd trimester ultrasounds is extremely high - as much as 3 lbs! So dont put all your stock in that estimated measurement!

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
August 14th, 2006, 09:53 AM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How big is he? I would be nervous about a Dr who makes me get routine ultrasounds for baby's size.
August 14th, 2006, 09:59 AM
wonderfullymade's Avatar Doula & MW Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to wonderfullymade
I had to 'shop' for an OB to even consider a twin vaginal birth, let alone a breech twin vaginal birth. But, it was worth it.

The problem is, even though the studies prove breech birth by C is no safer than breech birth by V, doctors are slowly loosing the art of breech vaginal birth - and, in some areas, women are hard pressed to find a competent doc who is familiar with breech vaginal births.

Bellies & Babies Blogger
August 14th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Veteran
Thanks so much MaMa's!!
About the size.. At my last U/S I was almost 32 weeks and he was 5.2 lbs..
As OB's go, I feel pretty comforatble with her. I know she know's I want to go natural, but she also never pressed the C-section issue. She said that was a last resort and that there are more risks associated with a section. She is also against inducing, she says babies come when they are ready for a reason! She also told me not to be concerned with the weight. She did tell me about the margin of error being about 2 lbs. I am the one who is concerned! LOL She even said that they only "lighty reccomend" a c-section if the baby is over 10 lbs... and that is ONLY a recommendation. It was the U/S tech who suggested the monthly U/S and I've only had 2 to check weight. I didn't really fight it because I am concered about how big he is. My hubby is a BIG guy, built like a football player. But my daughter was only 7.1 when she was born.
Dr wasn't too concerned about being breech either, LOL It's the worried ma ma here!
Thanks to all of your for your GREAT advice and support!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search