First Timer

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2006, 04:47 PM
NewMommyJenn's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to NewMommyJenn
I am due to have my first baby on November 30. I have really enjoyed every moment of this pregnancy and I am actually looking forward to the labor and delivery. I have a great midwife and I am determined to have this baby naturally. My husband and I are planning to take a natural childbirth class when I get a little further along, but I want to start preparing now!

Do you ladies have any suggestions on positioning, relaxation, coping with the contractions.....ANYTHING!

I really want to do this naturally and ENJOY it so I would love to hear what everyone has to say!
August 13th, 2006, 06:30 PM
wonderfullymade's Avatar Doula & MW Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to wonderfullymade
Welcome and congratulations! Depending on what type of childbirth class you are planning on, you might want to find out if it is a series (like the Bradley (12 weeks) or Hypnobirthing (9 weeks) or if it is a shorter grouping of classes (3-4 weeks)).

I would recommend just reading through some of the threads already started by other ladies as we have posted SO much on reading material, positions, relaxation, birth stories, etc...

Again, congrats and welcome, I can't wait to get to know you better!

Bellies & Babies Blogger
August 13th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Regular
I highly recommend hypnobabies. I was a little skeptical about "hypnosis" until I started learning about it. The videos and stories about births using hypnosis were also very convincing. Learning self-hypnosis for childbirth gives you the ability to completely relax your body and helps you see your pregnancy and birthing as a completely natural and positive process. I didn't have a lot of options for classes around here, so I took the Hypnobabies home study course. It is 5 weeks long and you can do it on your own. It's easy to do as a home study since it comes with several CDs. There is some reading material, but the most important part is practicing your relaxation and the CDs guide you through that. Check out hypnobabies.com - Click on current students to find a link to the yahoo group. You can join that for free whatever you decide. I have completed my 5 weeks and am on a maintenance schedule right noww where I rotate through scripts from the whole study. Since starting the program, I have a lot less tension and I'm not so stressed out, so the benefits extend past just the actual birthing.

Here is a link to several birth stories, and I believe most if not all are using hypnobabies or hypnobirthing:
http://www.pregnancybirthandbabies.c...%20Stories.htm

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search