Birth center births?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2006, 11:55 AM
JessicaR's Avatar Regular
I have a OB/GYN that I really love, but I would really like to not labor or give birth in a hospital. So I am thinking of switching to a midwife care after my first appointment. I don't think I'd be as comfortable at home since this is my first baby, but I was looking at some of the birth centers around here and they are really nice. I was wondering have any of you gave birth in one? Did you like it? How was your experience? Looking back did you wish you gave birth else where?
Started TTC#1 02/06
BFP 08/08/06

August 15th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Super Mommy
I used a birth center of sorts for Kaiden, as well as having midwives. I absolutely LOVED it. Instead of being a typical birth center, this was attached to one of the local hospitals, though there still was no NICU or anything like that. If anything were to go wrong, there was another hospital with a good NICU minutes down the road.

They had a wonderful approach, part of which was due (I feel) to having midwives instead of an OBGYN. Things were quiet and calm, and I felt very comfortable there. The nurses were WONDERFUL, and very caring. Overall, it was wonderful. I'd thought about doing homebirth, but, since we live 40+ minutes from the nearest hospital, didn't feel it was worth any risks incase something went wrong. Especially since this is our first child, and we weren't quite sure what we should be expecting. This was a really nice compromise, and was absolutely perfect for us.

</div>
August 15th, 2006, 03:36 PM
illinoismommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish they had a birth center here, that is the route I would have chosen....
Baby expected January 2nd, 2010!

"In the first place, whether you choose or no to take any trouble about the formation of his habits, it is habit, all the same, which will govern ninety-nine one-hundredths of the child's life. We are all mere creatures of habit. We think our accustomed thoughts, make our usual small talk, go through the trivial round, the common task, without any self-determining effort of will at all." -Charlotte Mason
August 15th, 2006, 04:19 PM
NewMommyJenn's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to NewMommyJenn
I am delivering at a birth center! It is not far from the hospital and I have been having a great pregnancy. They are really flexible with you, and how you want to deliver. My midwife is amazing! The facility is very nice. Hardwood floors, every room has a fridge in it, a rocking chairm, couch, a jacuzzi tub....

Having an enjoyable natural delivery is very important to me and I don't want to set in stone now how it will be done. My midwife and I have agreed on taking it one step at a time and just doing what feels right. Whether it be a water birth, or giving birth squatting, etc...
August 16th, 2006, 04:47 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I haven't birthed in a center...but I am starting up a center with my teacher/partner midwife. I think it is a great option! Let us know which way you go!

August 17th, 2006, 05:08 AM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
We were going to do a bc for this birth...but there is only one in the area and I wasn't pleased...so we stayed home. Just take your time choosing your mw's/bc, if something doesn't feel right, bring it up, or continue searching that way you are happy. I know with the bc here, they take new patients up to 28 weeks...so you do have a bit of time if you end up changing your mind or discovering something you don't like about your chosen place.

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search