hi.

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2006, 06:33 AM
dzine21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a question. I have bad cramps when af comes. I have been getting nasty back pain with af ever since my m/c. Has anyone had back labor with an experience like this? I would just like to know what to expect and I would love to go natural if I can. TIA

</div>
October 5th, 2006, 12:52 PM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
You can do it!!!! Back labor is generally caused because a baby is "sunny side up" or their front is facing your front. Therefore the back of their head is pressing on your tailbone and making labor more in your back. If you are having back labor, there are ways to relieve the pressure. You just simply cant lay there on your back the whole time! Try getting on all fours, or squatting. Even try the birthing ball. Do any kind of twisting or turning you can, be it laying on your side, or not laying at all, and you can get rid of most of that yucky back labor! Good luck!

</div>
October 5th, 2006, 12:55 PM
abigailsilva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yeah, I agree, you may be one of those women who needs a little extra massage and pressure on your lower back while in labor, but you should be just fine.
October 6th, 2006, 09:51 AM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have heard from my OB that lots of women who come to her for painful periods end up having no problem with natural childbirth - and lots of them tell her it was less painful than menstrual cramps. I'm kind of hoping this is true, as my cramps make me pass out... We'll see!
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

October 6th, 2006, 03:24 PM
MaMaTuTu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Speaking from experience(my DS was OP)....back labor sucks big time!! I too am one that would get back pains(and leg cramps, and abdominal cramps) the first day of af. And not to scare you, but back labor is SOO much worse!! And I have a really high tolerance for pain. Yes there are things you can do to take SOME of the pain away. But hopefully you won't have to deal with an OP baby!!

Mommy to:
O(8/9/05)
K(2/27/07)
"Beanie"(EDD 12/18/08)
Tube bean missing since 12/1/07
October 10th, 2006, 04:30 AM
Katherine Sarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ive actually just come back from the doctors with a similar problems. I have agonising pains in my abdomen but i havent had a period for 6 months (since i came off the pill) and this past week i have had severe lower back pain and have been prescribed pain killers and a laxative medication as my stomach is very swollen at the moment and very bunged up so the laxatives should be fun lol. Anyways back on topic, everyones period pains are different and i dont think that will affect your ability of having a natural birth. I completely sympathize with you, its horrible =( ive had to take the past week off college. I hope you find something that relieves the pain a little, and dont be worrying about whether youll be able to have a natural childbirth, from what i know, its irrelevant. Look into getting a TENZ machine for during the labour aswell as massage. Water births are also excellent for women who have pain in areas such as their back.
October 13th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sooo glad I came to this board today, FINALLY, and read this post. I have horribly painful periods. Not just in front but back and down the leg pain. When I had DD1 15 years ago I had terrible back pain and what did they allow me to do? NOTHING but lay on my back! So now if I can go natural this time I will know not to lay on my back. HOW INFORMATIVE! As I am sure nobody at the hospital would have told me that. I have a feeling they want you to stay in your bed so you dont bother them lol. Of course I will be doing more research on all of this but just knowing this helps so much.
THANKS
October 13th, 2006, 07:11 AM
abigailsilva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oy! Warms my heart to read posts like this! I have learned so much here, these women are all so amazing and I am tickled to death that you have found it and like it as much as I do! Feel free to PM anytime! Or yahoo!

gabby_abbey_07@yahoo.com

couldn't LIVE with IM! Or JM for that matter LOL!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search