Acupuncture during labor

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2006, 06:19 PM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You're going to laugh, but I actually am an acupuncturist, and this is something that wasn't taught at my school (I guess since it isn't done a lot in this country). I would like to try it during my labor and delivery, teach DH how to do it, and I know what the textbooks say what points and techniques to use. But I don't know anyone who has used it, and would love to hear personal stories of how it went, if anyone's got 'em.

October 10th, 2006, 06:40 PM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
Personally I have no stories for you. I am sorry! My close friend as well as my Bradley teacher and chiropractor does acupuncture though, and she has literally had someone block the door on the hospital room so that she could give acupuncture to her girlies! She says wonderful things about it as well as the girls who she has given it to. Now, she cant "legally" preform acupuncture within the hospital, because she is not one of their doctors, that is why she has to make sure no nurses are going to come in. I think it sounds great, and I would def do it!
<div align="center">

October 10th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Mama-honey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any personal expereience w/it during labor, nor do I know anyone, but I'm a huge advocate for acupuncture in general. It's how I conceived DD #1 after trying for 2 years. And it's the most relief I've ever gotten from lower back pain. I can't imagine that it wouldn't help alleviate some of the physical discomfort/pain or help to calm you mentally. I'd love to hear how it goes!!
<div align="center"></div>
October 11th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Katherine Sarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I studied a unit of Acupuncture and took an instant love for it. I yet to try it though, i think its a brilliant idea.
<div align="center">Alexander, Dylan & Joseph
October 11th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i have no personal experience of either, but would do it in a heartbeat in birth and in other times

here are some links though

"I will make it through this because it is for her and for her, I will do anything. I am not brave, I am not strong, I am just Rhiannon’s mom". Our TTC/Adoption/Pregnancy Blog: Jump Over The Rainbow

October 11th, 2006, 04:23 PM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love it. I decided to make a career out of it after having it done.

Thanks for the links!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search