You need to watch tonights Grey's Anatomy

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
watching it right now, mom wants natural, they are talking safety of c-section and how if the baby doesnt descend, and mom says "i want to follow the natural birth plan and have the experience my body was designed for"

stupid annoying doctor rolls eyes

October 12th, 2006, 08:08 PM
abigailsilva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG I JUST responded to a post about this in my DDC, but something tell me ya'll feel the same way I do, here's what I said there....

I was SO pissed off the way they portrayed it, the WOMAN in labor was SO right and they acted like The PATIENT was wrong, no wonder it's so hard to get a completely natural childbirth accepted! Her and her husband wanted to squat because the baby wasn't descending, which was exactly what she should have done and the doc acted like she was stupid......errrgh! Yes, I know it's fiction, i haven't completely lost my grip on reality, but it was such a great opportunity to show the power of women and the magic of the body adn they chose to make laboring mothers stupid and dangerous to their children....
October 13th, 2006, 05:41 AM
i agree, and the point for me was that the media was displaying it as if she was a natural birthing nazi mom and didnt want to be "weak" to do a csection and the docs just kept ignoring somethings that would have helped..... and the worst part is that in the end she gets a section as the docs rush to save her and her babies life, cause without docs we can't have babies...

the mean doc even said, why dont we just do the section now, you know you're going to cut her open anyways, just do it now.

October 13th, 2006, 05:48 AM
CTK3989's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I saw that last night! I was kinda like that's going to be soon! All Natural baby! Refusing to do a c-section and refusing drugs! I had a little proud moment. Hehe.

October 13th, 2006, 06:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Did anyone email the show and sound off? LOL I was thinking about it but thought they would just think I am some kinda nut. I thought it could have been done better. Let her at least try to squat and walk around, etc. Then if she still needed it fine. But they should have, even though it was a tv show or maybe even more so, to educate women that dont have computers to learn from other women like we do what other options are out there. Somebody out there could have benefited from it. Now if it happens to another woman in real life she will just go right ahead with the C because of what she saw on tv. I shut it off about 25 mins or so into it because I was afraid how it ended. I think it was covered in mommy on my Feb DDC that let me know the baby was ok.
October 13th, 2006, 07:01 AM
yeah it all went ok but it was the docs rushing in and saving her life, when she really could have done something to progress it

i remember the husband saying "do you want to get out of bed and squat" and the mean doc says "squat? uggh" and she never got out

i agree i know its just tv, but still. before i was on JM and got to looking this stuff up, i really would have just watched it and "known" she needed to get that csection and she was some natural nazi birthing mom and the docs just knew better. YES in the end she was in distress, but really she could have done alot more, but they kept her in that bed.

October 14th, 2006, 10:29 AM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I was watching that I wondered if any of the women here were also watching.

I know the whole thing was just a subplot to get the one doc to realize that she was letting her personal issues get in the way of what was "best" for her patients.. but could have been done better.

Anywho, who really watches Grey's Anatomy and thinks that's real medicine? When Meredith threw up they made it look like she was pregnant, when all along her symptoms looked like appendicitis. Since when is it normal (like in the conversation between her and Christina) to have high fever, extreme abdominal pain, etc as early pregnancy symptoms??

oh well, it's a guilty pleasure for me and I'll continue to watch and love it.

October 14th, 2006, 02:35 PM
oh i'll keep on watching!! just really frustrated me to see it one more time...

October 15th, 2006, 07:05 PM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm gald I wasn't the only one ticked off.
October 16th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Super Mommy
OMG I got so mad too!!!

Then I watched ER and Abby was letting her baby CIO listening in on the baby monitor!!! Right, like someone who went through an (again) emergency c-section, had the baby 2.5 months early, almost saw him die in the NICU, is going to be that detached that they can just let him cry in the other room!

TV is such an indoctrinator!
October 16th, 2006, 07:32 PM
abigailsilva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
that didn't settle well with me either....
October 17th, 2006, 07:53 AM
DahliaMarie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to DahliaMarie Send a message via Yahoo to DahliaMarie
Pi$$ed me off too...

<div align="center"></div>
October 17th, 2006, 09:08 AM
can you imagine if the patient had tried a homebirth and had a medical emergency and came in.. she'd be a chastized to the moon and back and the docs would have to talk to that backwards momma

October 18th, 2006, 04:35 PM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who'd Abby have a baby with?
October 19th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Super Mommy
Dr. Kovac. They got back together after he wanted a baby with the nurse whose name escapes me - you know, the one with the son from when she was 16? She said she didn't want any more kids and they broke up and he knocked up Abby!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search