A into.. hi :)

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Regular
Hi all! I am the mom of 4 boys.. 17,10,7 and 4.
I had 2 inductions, one with forceps one with vacumn.. lotsa drugs ( NEVER EVER AGAIN!) And my last baby was ALL NCB and my faverite birth! I am due in late March early April with our 5th and told my Doc flat out. NCB or nuthin! Unless its a medical need of course lol.
I found this board about a month ago and all you ladies are a inspiration and wonderful! Just thought I would say hello and stop lurking
When I had my last I used visualization and Acupressure! I can NEVER say enough about accupressure in labor and birth. I Also used the tub for the first time in a birth.. and was totally amazed at its relaxation powers. I was totally able to visualize with each contraction my birth canal opening and baby moving forward to my waiting BOOBS OF COURSE!!! LOL!
Anyway..now I can post without feeling guilt I didnt say who I was!
Nice to meet you ladies!!
Oh I read Birthing From WIthin my last pg.. wish I hadnt loaned that book out now.. ( oops) but that was my bible for learning the visualization. Anyways... Have a good day!!
October 17th, 2006, 01:37 PM
momma6_2angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!! I'm mom to 5 little ones. Cody was an epi birth, Paige and Elijah natural, Joshua epi, and Maddie was my homebirth.

I've been snowballed!!!(CoveredinMommy Iowajenny x2, alpinedoe, shelly e, skittles4you, jbcrmommy, nicolee, ecstaticmommy)
</div>
October 18th, 2006, 11:39 AM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome. I had NCB with both my children and visulized the same exact thing during each contraction. It really helped!

October 18th, 2006, 11:46 AM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome welcome! I would love to hear more about your accupressure methods, they sound wonderful!
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

October 18th, 2006, 11:51 AM
abigailsilva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!! These ladies are wonderful, I am the mother of a very bouncy 3 yr. old little girl and we are anxiously awaiting our first boy~HB in feb.
October 18th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Regular
Quote:
Welcome welcome! I would love to hear more about your accupressure methods, they sound wonderful![/b]

Thankyou for the warm replies!!!
Here is a link to acupressure in labor..the whole site covers all of the spots.. but this is the one that we used last time. I ALWAYS get back labour or the baby is pressing on my bad bulging discs and this spot was amazing.. my DH would start pressing at the very beginning of every contraction and hold it until the end.. and it actually made the contraction SO bearable it was heaven lol. I asked him the other day if he would change anything about our last birth and he flat out said no it worked lets do it again. I even offered to go online and order special acupressure tools for his thumbs and he turned me down lol.. he felt the pain in his thumbs was a small price to pay for what was going on with birthing our babies.. I love the man.. LOL!

http://acupressure.rhizome.net.nz/ac...ure/bl-32.aspx

I loved this so much I printed out the whole acupressure book and left at the hospital for the nurses to read and to hopefully help other new moms to be..they were amazed at the time how well this worked for us.
October 19th, 2006, 08:54 AM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you so much for that link - I've used accupressure to deal with cramps, but the points they have look completely different! This is definitely something I'll study up on!
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search