How soon do you leave?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2007, 12:38 PM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
When you had your baby, how long were you in the hospital? If you havent had your baby yet, how long do you intend to stay after the baby is born?

</div>
April 26th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I stayed 2 days with dd, but I also had a very bruised tailbone and knew I was going home and would be on my own as far as help, so I chose to stay the extra day. This time will all depend on how I feel.
April 26th, 2007, 01:11 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If all goes as planned I'll only be in the hospital for a few hours after the birth, then my MW will come visit me at home for all my post partum care.

April 26th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
with my first I was in the hospital roughly 28 hours total.

with this one I'm planning a birth center, and you generally leave within 12 hours after birth.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

April 26th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
LOL! I LOVE being waited on the way they do, and the food is SOOO good there. I have always stayed as long as they let me, and I plan to do that this time around too, lol. I love the vacation I get, just bonding with my new baby w/ no other screaming kids, lol. Don't get me wrong, by the time I leave, I miss my kids so much, but I do love that "me time".
April 26th, 2007, 07:06 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I had my son i had no help, so I stayed at the hospital as long as theyd let me *(just over 48 hours).

this time, I had a homebirth, but I had an OB and if I would have delivered, he knew Id be leaving in about 4 hours after birth.

I thought I was waited on hand & foot with my son until my homebrith though - hten i realized how different it was. No nurses poking me at all hours, no lab techs at 6 am, no noisy hallways, etc.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
April 26th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
Quote:
I thought I was waited on hand & foot with my son until my homebrith though - hten i realized how different it was. No nurses poking me at all hours, no lab techs at 6 am, no noisy hallways, etc.[/b]
WOW, it SOO was not like that where I went, they only do lab work during day time hours (except for the babies, which I will not allow them to do anyway) and it is so quiet in there, the food is AMAZING, 4 star quality....NOTHING like the food they give you at the ER on the other side of the hospital, lol. I enjoy it so much, it is one of the only things keeping me from having a HB, lol.
April 27th, 2007, 07:42 AM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
I stayed at the birth center for a little over 4 hours and then we loaded into the car and made the 75 mile drive home! I felt so good after my birth with him. The next day was a different story, felt like I had been hit by a train but as for the day of birth I was up and walking around within an hour so I wanted to get home!

</div>
April 27th, 2007, 06:33 PM
yvonne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With ds#1 I was`there for 23 hours and they threw a fit that I was leaving already. This time I left after 6 hours and only had one nurse said that I couldn't do that, but her opinion didn't matter. I don't like being in the hospital, and I am always paranoid of them giving my baby formula or something. I hope next time I can just have a hb and not worry about it at all.

Stocking every Wednesday at 3.</span>
April 27th, 2007, 08:47 PM
kimberlypatton@msn.com's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my first two in a freestanding birth center. I was back home within 3 hours of having number 1 and I was home within 4 hours of having number 2. No particular reason I stayed longer with the second...it was just a more relaxed time hanging out at the birth center PLUS there were two births, incl. mine, that evening so the midwives were going back and forth between rooms. This time I'm having baby at home so that's a no brainer. Hopefully having baby SOON!!! I'm so ready. Maybe tonight...
ESTHER GRACE WAS BORN ON MARCH 23RD, 2009: 4:15 PM, 9 POUNDS, 20.5 INCHES. ANOTHER WONDERFUL HOME WATER BIRTH!!!

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
-Mother Teresa~
April 29th, 2007, 05:52 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
About 36 hours after having bubs no.1
It would have been about a 15/16hour discharge, but then a nasty mid stepped in & claimed that because I was 18 I wasn't allowed to leave that quickly. All the extra time did was make me feel very uncomfortable sharing a room with a lady that was going through some very serious issues & a whom had a very unhappy baby. I got no sleep & couldn't wait to get out!!

Different hospital for no.2 & had 24 hour dishcharge. Had private room, but still wanted to go home, just to be in my own bed. Hubby stayed with me in the hospital on a camper bed.

With no.3 stayed the full three days to get some time alone with baby. Same hospital as no.2, they were great, & noone bothered us. Private room, Hubby stayed with me again.

With no.4 also stayed the full three days. This hospital was just the best. There was noone else in the mid section (small country hospital,) & the nurses station was a long way away from the section I was in, so it was pure peace & quiet with noone even in my side of the hospital. The mids/nurses pretty much left me alone, so I had the whole 'baby' area to myself & only got disturbed for meals. Was pure heavenly bliss.
The bed had U-shaped pillows & a proper quilt. Even though I was a public patient I had a private room & was treated awesome.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
April 29th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
Ds we had in the hospital. They made us stay two full days...not sure why. It was absolute misery in our room that wasn't as big as a closet and idiotic nurses. Worst experience ever. Absolutely no peace. If I would have known that we could check out whenever we wanted, we'd have been gone a LOT sooner.

Dd we had at home unassisted.

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
April 29th, 2007, 11:14 AM
CTK3989's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was admitted into the hospital around 9PM on a Tuesday night, I had my son on Wednesday afternoon and I went home Friday afternoon.

April 29th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Shannie
Quote:
If all goes as planned I'll only be in the hospital for a few hours after the birth, then my MW will come visit me at home for all my post partum care.[/b]
Me too. They usually say it will be about 3 hours then you get to go home. I won't head to the hospital until I am about 8cm.
April 29th, 2007, 04:44 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
I am not planning on staying long, depending on how I feel. I am having her at a birth center, so I don't forsee a long stay. Recover a bit, go home and rest in our own beds! DH is taking a week or two off after the birth, so we will be taken care of! Of course, this is my first, so we will see how I do!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search