Crunchsters!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2007, 11:01 AM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
Hey! Someone asked me the other day "What exactly made you so crunchy" I had to think about it for a little bit... I guess its because I was brought up that way. There werent many illnesses that could be fixed by the doctor better than they could be fixed at home with a few different extracts and vitamins and a lot of LOVE. So I was wondering about you all.... what turned you crunchy?

</div>
April 28th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
I was a vegetarian for 8 years...but it wasn't really for crunchy purposes...more of an obsession. But I started on the crunchy path when I was pg with ds and learning about bfing and natural childbirth. I think I've had the most crunchy growth in the last year though!

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
April 28th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
I don't exactly consider myself crunchy, lol. On that "How cruncy are you?" test, I scored "A Little Crispy" lol, I don't cloth diaper, but I use Natural Diapers, I was never able to BF because the epi made ym babies lazy, that is why I want a Natural Birth, just so I can BF, cause I KNOW it is much better for baby than formula, after deciding that I wanted a Natural Birth I found MANY other great reasons for it though. I don't vaccinate, we eat meat (as much as we can, lol). I have never "worn" my babies, but I plan to with Jenni....I dunno, I don't see myself as "Crunchy", just Pagan, lol.
April 28th, 2007, 06:15 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I have no idea...no one in my family is even a lil bit "crunchy" so me even being moderately crunchy is amazing! I don't even fit into my neighborhood, I live in a very urban area where homebirthing, baby wearing, homeschooling, breastfeeding, etc...is looked at as crazy!
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
April 28th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
my friend Sophia had homebirths and nursed till toddlerhood back before I had kids, and she was my first influence I guess. After that, it was the women on breastfeeding.com and mothering.com and knowing what sorts of hippie-ish things they did. Then the real life influence of my midwife who also aspires to be a naturopath someday,

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

April 28th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Veteran
I'm not really that crunchy. I'm just anti-RIC and pro-breastfeeding.

I'm a proud father to a bouncing baby boy!
April 28th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, my mom isn't really crunchy. She doesn't vaccinate and we did have illnesses that weren't medically explained for a long time. She breastfed everyone but the last 2 for medical reasons. But she lost the crunchiness at birth. She had 10 births with an OB, in the hospital and because of multiple interventions they were all HORRIBLE! How she managed to have 10 when they were so bad I will never know. When I watched her give birth to the 10th it all seemed so wrong to me, but I figured this is how it was done.

My road to crunchiness- and I think I am not too crunchy- began after I had my first baby. I didn't like the birth experience and I wondered why everyone was so insistent on my getting drugs and there was no support for the alternative. Then I got REALLY sick and no doctor helped me at all! They came up with bogus diagnoses. I was losing weight so fast and felt terrible and they were giving my heartburn medication?? No one was helping me. So I started looking into my symptoms for myself. I tried some natural homeopath remedies. I was also trying to get pregnant and after using these for awhile I was not only feeling better but gaining weight and got pregnant within a month of using them after ttc for 10 months. When I tell any doctor of my success they don't care or don't believe me. I am actually grateful for my sickness because it got me looking the natural way. Suddenly I wanted to experience things naturally. Birth, medicine and now I even eat a lot of organic foods and love them. Especially with some foods I feel I can't go back because they taste so much better. I don't baby wear- but have wanted to, just never got around to buying a sling. I co-sleep, because hey I actually get sleep instead of fighting with the bassinet like I did with DD. I don't vaccinate, but didn't with DD either. I don't cloth diaper, I wish I wanted to, but I just don't. I also will be homeschooling.

Anyway, those are how and why I do my crunchy things and most everyone I know considers me to be nuts. Oh, well. I am not a people pleaser and don't care if people think I am crazy. I make my own decisions for what is right for me and my family. I was taught that it was okay to question things and go against the norm. Hey, I was homeschooled myself so I was used to be unusual.

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

April 29th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Veteran
I'm surprised how many Mom's haven't a clue about what we call crunchy ways? I found out that doing things that I thought were best for my baby were called crunchy? So I personally thing that common sense is what made me to the crunchy things I do. Breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping-organic food and trying to do more "green" things in my lift just make sense to me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search