My Baby IS HERE!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2007, 12:16 PM
kimberlypatton@msn.com's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Liberty Tait
Weight 8lb 6oz
Height 19 1/2 inches
May 02, 2007
7:02PM

This is the latter part of my birth story and I will eventually post the whole thing. My labor started at 4AM and contrax were 4-6 min. apart and just under a minute so I thought she'd come by noon! Ha ha

SHE FINALLY ARRIVED!!! Wow, I was way off on timing. She didn't come until 7:02 PM Pacific Time
I had a long day of labor but the contractions were weird and spaced out from like 7 to 16 minutes all day (after the really steady ones in the early AM). They were really intense though when I'd have them but it was nice to have lots of time in between...although it made me feel like it was going to go on forever. I started getting antisocial just after 6PM and went upstairs to my bedroom to be alone and that’s when the contractions started coming really close and I could feel the baby move down. Definitely time to get in the tub. I got in then got right back out to use the restroom...empty the bladder. I had SOOO much pressure and was just sure I needed to have a BM (well...all day I felt this way) but I never had it so intensely with my other two labors. Never did have the BM...It was just the baby pressure. Anyhow, I got in the birth tub with my husband standing by to help if I needed anything. The baby was born like 12 minutes later. My first contraction in the tub I felt a little "pushy" so I told my husband to let the midwives know and they came on in. The next contraction I did push and felt a little sting so I knew the head was right there wanting out. Then on the next contraction the head came out and on the third, the rest of her little body. I got to bring her up out of the water to my chest myself. I hadn't done that with the others. It was so sweet. Anyhow...She's absolutely perfect. She had good APGAR scores and is so alert. She had a perfectly round head…not cone headed at all. LOTS of black hair…with blonde eyebrows, so I’m guessing she’ll follow in her sibling’s footsteps and turn blonde before too long. I was hoping for ONE redheaded baby since I have red hair. Guess I’ll just have to have another! Ha ha. I had no tearing or anything…just a little “skid mark” that isn’t even bothering me. Anyhow it took half an hour to deliver the placenta (I HATE THAT PART). They had already cut the cord because it stopped pulsing and let my husband hold her while I did the placenta thing. Then I got into my bed and got to feed the baby and rest. AHHHH…nothing as wonderful in the whole world as finally resting after pushing a baby out! Anyhow, we had a good night, she’s eating well, and all bodily functions are good. She’s so alert and making all those cute little baby noises. I’ll post a photo later today or tomorrow. Thanks for all the well wishes!!!
Blessings to everyone else and their own sweet babies and to those of you still awaiting the arrival of your little one!
ESTHER GRACE WAS BORN ON MARCH 23RD, 2009: 4:15 PM, 9 POUNDS, 20.5 INCHES. ANOTHER WONDERFUL HOME WATER BIRTH!!!

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
-Mother Teresa~
May 4th, 2007, 04:29 PM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay! Congratulations and good job mama! Happy babymoon!
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

May 4th, 2007, 05:38 PM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
Oh congratulations! It sounds like you had a wonderful birthing experience! I cant wait to see the little dunkin! Im so happy for you!

</div>
May 4th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Noelle
Sounds like a great birth! Congrats mommy!

May 5th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a beautiful birth ~*Congratulations*~

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3, DD November 2013
May 6th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Snowboardingfairy's Avatar Super Mommy
That's wonderful, what an amazing home birth! Can't wait to see pictures!
May 6th, 2007, 06:19 PM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay! Congratulations.

May 6th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Ms.Michelle
CONGRADULATIONS!!! What a great read for us who are expecting.

You have to register your waterbaby: http://www.waterbirth.org/mc/page.do?sitePageId=38562

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search